TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘(6)
日期:2016-11-17 10:07

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

The building number 3 was the house of Uncle Bakheet and Aunty Fareeda.
3号建筑是Bakheet叔叔和Fareeda阿姨的房子
In Egyptian, they have this expression that says, "Ahsen Nas," which means "the best people."
在埃及,他们有这样一句话“Ahsen Nas”,意思是“最好的人”
They were the best people.
他们是最好的人
We used to take our break in front of their houses,
我们经常在他们的房子前面歇息
and all the kids of the neighborhood used to join us.
所有邻居的孩子会加入我们
I was impressed and amazed by the kids of Manshiyat Naser.
纳塞尔的孩子们让我惊讶,并给我留下了深刻的印象
For the first few days, they were always refusing anything we were offering them, even a snack or a drink.
在开始的几天里,他们拒绝我们给他们的任何东西,甚至是一袋小零食或一瓶水
So I asked Aunty Fareeda, "Why is that?"
于是我就去问Fareeda阿姨“这是为什么?”

在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘

And she told me they teach their kids to refuse anything from somebody that they don't know
然后她告诉我是因为他们一直教育孩子们拒绝一切陌生人给的东西
because maybe this person needs it more than they do.
因为也许这个人比我们更需要这样东西
So at this exact point I realized actually
在那一刹那我才意识到
the Zaraeeb community was the ideal context to raise the topic of perception.
其实Zaraeeb社区是一个探讨“感知”/"认知”的理想地区
We need to question our level of misconception and judgment we can have as a society upon communities based on their differences.
我们需要质疑作为一个社会,我们基于其他社区的差异所产生的误解和批判
I remember how we got delayed on Uncle Ibrahim's house
我记得我们是如何耽搁在Ibrahim叔叔的房子里的
when his pigs that are bred on the rooftop were eating the sand bags that hold the lifts.
当时他畜养在楼顶的猪正在吃用来固定电梯的沙袋
The house of Uncle Bakheet and Aunty Fareeda was this kind of meeting point. Everybody used to gather there.
Bakheet叔叔和Fareeda阿姨的房子是我们的聚集地。所有人都会聚到那里
I think this is what Uncle Ibrahim meant when he said that was a project of peace and unity,
我认为这就是Ibrahim叔叔当初说这是个有关和平与团结的项目时所要表达的
because I really felt that people were coming together.
因为我真的感觉到人们在逐渐聚集到一起
Everyone was greeting us with a smile, offering us a drink or inviting us into their own house for lunch.
每个人都微笑地向我们打招呼,送我们水喝或是邀请我们去家里吃午饭
Sometime, you are at the first level of a building,
有时,你在一座建筑的一层时
and somebody opens his window and offers you some tea.
有些人会打开窗户请你喝茶
And then the same thing happens on the second floor.
同样的事情也会发生在二层
And you keep going all the way to the top.
然后你就这样一路到楼顶

演讲介绍

由于养猪大户的聚集,把埃及的亚特纳赛尔变成了“垃圾之城”。这里臭味熏天,垃圾遍布大街小巷。但最终都被这个艺术家通过艺术美化了那个贫穷而被人忽视的城市。


分享到