TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):编织我的梦(7)
日期:2019-07-18 07:50

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Finally, the more approachable, the more inclusive, and the more diverse we make the world of technology,
最后,越是亲切、包容、多样的科技手段,
the more colorful and better the world will look like.
就越会让我们的世界变得更好,更多彩。
So, imagine with me, for a moment, a world where the stories we tell about how things get made
所以,我们来一起想象一下这样一个世界,在这里,我们所说的关于事物如何被创造的故事,
don't only include the twentysomething-year-old Silicon Valley boys,
不仅仅关于二十来岁的硅谷男孩,
but also Kenyan schoolgirls and Norwegian librarians.
也关于肯尼亚女学生和挪威图书管理员。
Imagine a world where the little Ada Lovelaces of tomorrow, who live in a permanent reality of 1s and 0s,
想象这样一个世界,那里有明日的小阿达·洛芙莱斯居住在永恒的0和1的世界里,
they grow up to be very optimistic and brave about technology.
他们长大,积极又勇敢地看待科技。

编织我的梦

They embrace the powers and the opportunities and the limitations of the world.
他们拥抱了这世界的力量、机会和限制。
A world of technology that is wonderful, whimsical and a tiny bit weird.
这个科技世界既精妙绝伦又有些光怪陆离。
When I was a girl, I wanted to be a storyteller.
当我是个小女孩时,我想要成为一个讲故事的人。
I loved make-believe worlds and my favorite thing to do was to wake up in the mornings in Moominvalley.
我喜欢虚幻世界,我最想要做的便是清晨醒来,身在姆明谷。
In the afternoons, I would roam around the Tatooines.
下午漫步在塔图因星球。
And in the evenings, I would go to sleep in Narnia.
晚上,再在纳尼亚的世界中安睡。
And programming turned out to be the perfect profession for me.
因此编程成为我的绝佳职业。
I still create worlds. Instead of stories, I do them with code.
我仍能创造世界,但不是说故事,而是通过编程。
Programming gives me this amazing power to build my whole little universe with its own rules and paradigms and practices.
编程赋予我这一神奇的力量,使我能够建立自己的一方小天地,按照自己的规则、范式和实践。
Create something out of nothing with the pure power of logic. Thank you.
依靠逻辑的纯粹力量,实现从无到有的创造。谢谢!

演讲介绍

本次TED演讲者Linda Liukas女士的从小的梦想就是能筑造自己的梦想世界。她期待能早上在姆明谷醒来,下午在塔图因星球漫步,夜晚在纳尼亚进入梦乡。而帮她达成这一梦想的方法就是电脑编程,这一很多人认为是晦涩难懂,枯燥乏味,而且男人主导的学科。这次她将和大家分享她是如何从中获得无限乐趣,又是如何从小孩的视角获得了各式的启发,并呼吁更多的孩子们一同来快乐的学习,天马行空的改造明日世界!


分享到
重点单词
  • optimisticadj. 乐观的,乐观主义的
  • diverseadj. 不同的,多种多样的
  • permanentadj. 永久的,持久的 n. 烫发
  • siliconn. 硅
  • embracev. 拥抱,包含,包围,接受,信奉 n. 拥抱
  • whimsicaladj. 心情浮动的,反覆无常的,古怪的
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • logicn. 逻辑,逻辑学,条理性,推理
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界