TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):一个能防止人群踩踏事件的救生发明(4)
日期:2019-04-30 09:27

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So we decided to design a cover for the sensor so that people don't have to worry what it is on the ground.
所以我们决定给传感器加个盖板,这样人们就不用担心放在地上的是什么了。
So after some experimentation, we decided to use an industrial sensor,
在经过几次实验后,我们打算使用工业级的传感器,
used as a safety trigger in hazardous areas as the sensor, and a black neoprene rubber sheet as the cover.
这种传感器在危险地区被用作安全触发器,并用一块黑色的氯丁橡胶板作为盖子。
Now, another added benefit of using black rubber was that dust naturally accumulates over the surface,
另一个使用黑色橡胶板的好处是,灰尘会自然聚集在表面,
eventually camouflaging it with the ground.
最终伪装成土地表面的样子。
We also had to make sure that the sensor is no higher than 12 millimeters.
我们还需要确保传感器的厚度不能超过12毫米。
Otherwise, people might trip over it, which in itself would cause stampedes. We don't want that.
否则人们会被绊倒,这本身就会引起踩踏。我们可不想这样。

一个能防止人群踩踏事件的救生发明

So we were able to design a sensor which was only 10 millimeters thick.
所以我们设计了只有10毫米厚的传感器。
Now the data is sent to the server in real time,
现在数据实时传回服务器了,
and a heat map is plotted, taking into account all the active devices on the ground.
热点图生成了,基于地面这些所有的活跃设备。
The authorities could be alerted if the crowd movement slowed down or if the crowd density moved beyond a desired threshold.
政府部门就可以知道人群慢了下来,或者人群密度超过了期望的阀值。
We installed five of these mats in the Nashik Kumbh Mela 2015,
我们在2015年纳西克大壶节上安装了5块传感垫子,
and counted over half a million people in 18 hours,
在18个小时内统计出了超过50万人,
ensuring that the data was available in real time at various checkpoints, ensuring a safe flow of people.
确保了不同采集点数据的可用性和实时性,确保了人流的安全。

演讲介绍

在印度,每三年就有超过3千万的印度教信徒聚集在大壶节上,为了洗刷去他们的罪孽,这是世界上最大的宗教聚会。随着大量人潮涌向小城镇,踩踏事件也不可避免地发生了,在2003年大壶节期间,有39人遇难。2014年,作为一名自学成才的程序员,15岁的尼拉·库卡尼决定将自己的技能,通过构建技术解决方案来帮助防止踩踏事件。本视频将带你了解更多关于他的发明,以及它如何成功使得在2015年纳西克大壶节上没有发生任何踩踏和伤亡。


分享到