TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘(1)
日期:2016-11-10 13:29

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So when I decided to create an art piece in Manshiyat Naser,
当我决定在曼斯亚特·纳赛尔创建一个艺术品
the neighborhood of the Cairo garbage collectors in Egypt,
在埃及开罗附近的垃圾收集处
I never thought this project would be the most amazing human experience that I would ever live.
我从来没有想过这个项目会是我有生以来最令人惊讶的经历
As an artist, I had this humanist intention of beautifying a poor and neglected neighborhood
作为一名艺术家,我有这种人文意愿:我希望用艺术去美化一个被忽视的贫穷街区
by bringing art to it and hopefully shining light on this isolated community.
使这个孤立的社区散发希望的光芒
The first time I heard about this Christian Coptic community was in 2009
我第一次听到有关科普特基督教社区的消息是在2009年
when the Egyptian authorities under the regime of Hosni Mubarak decided to slaughter 300,000 pigs using the pretext of H1N1 virus.
当埃及在穆巴拉克的政权之下,决定以甲型流感为借口宰杀300,000只猪

在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘

Originally, they are pig breeders.
起初,这些人以喂猪为生
Their pigs and other animals are fed with the organic waste that they collect on a daily basis.
他们用每天收集的有机废物来喂养猪和其他牲畜
This event killed their livelihood.
然而这一事件断了他们的生计。
The first time I entered Manshiyat Naser, it felt like a maze.
我第一次进入曼斯亚特·纳赛尔的时候,感觉像是进入了迷宫
I was looking for the St. Simon Monastery on the top of the Muqattam Mountain.
我在Muqattam山顶上寻找圣西蒙修道院
So you go right, then straight, then right again, then left to reach all the way to the top.
右转,直行,再右转,然后左转,一直到山顶
But to reach there, you must dodge between the trucks overpacked with garbage and slalom between the tuk-tuks,
但当你到达那里时,你应该避开那些装满垃圾的卡车和嘟嘟车的障碍
the fastest vehicle to move around in the neighborhood.
那是在这个社区最快的车
The smell of the garbage unloaded from those trucks was intense,
那些从卡车上卸载下来的垃圾气味是最为强烈的
and the noise of the traffic was loud and overbearing.
还有那些大而蛮横的堵车声。
Add to it the din created by the crushers in those warehouses along the way.
再加上那些在仓库里发出噪音的压碎机。
From outside it looks chaotic, but everything is perfectly organized.
使得这个城市外表看起来很混乱,但一切都结合得十分完美。

演讲介绍

由于养猪大户的聚集,把埃及的亚特纳赛尔变成了“垃圾之城”。这里臭味熏天,垃圾遍布大街小巷。但最终都被这个艺术家通过艺术美化了那个贫穷而被人忽视的城市。


分享到
重点单词
  • chaoticadj. 混乱的
  • isolatedadj. 分离的,孤立的
  • organicadj. 器官的,有机的,根本的,接近自然的 n. 有机
  • intentionn. 意图,意向,目的
  • dodgev. 避开,躲避 n. 躲避
  • dinn. 喧嚣 v. 絮聒不休地说,暄闹 abbr. 德国工
  • intenseadj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的
  • organizedv. 组织
  • vehiclen. 车辆,交通工具,手段,工具,传播媒介
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落