TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘(5)
日期:2016-11-16 10:24

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So his perception towards the project changed,
此后,他对这个项目的看法发生了改变
and my perception towards the community changed also, and towards what they do.
同时,我对于这个社区的看法以及对于他们的看法也改变了
All the garbage that everybody is disgusted by is not theirs.
令所有人恶心的垃圾并不是他们的
They just work out of it.
他们只是工作
Actually, they don't live in the garbage. They live from the garbage.
事实上他们不住在垃圾堆中,他们只是从中谋生
So I started doubting myself and wondering what was the real purpose of this whole project?
所以我开始质问我自己,什么才是这个项目的真正意图呢?
It was not about beautifying a place by bringing art to it.
这不是一个关于用艺术去美化一个地方的项目
It was about switching perception and opening a dialogue
这是一个交流观念,打开对话窗口的桥梁
on the connection that we have with communities that we don't know.
它帮助我们了解其他与我们相关的社区

在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘

So day after day, the calligraphy circle was taking shape,
就这样,日复一日,美术字逐渐成型
and we were always excited to go back on the mountain to look at the piece.
我们总是非常激动地回到山上去观看我们的作品
And standing exactly at this point every day made my realize the symbolism behind this anamorphic piece.
而且通过每天都站在同一位置,我更加深刻地意识到这张合成图背后的象征意义
If you want to see the real image of somebody, maybe you should change your angle.
如果你想看到谁真正的样子,或许你应该改变你的视角
There was doubts and difficulties, like fears and stress.
这里曾经有疑惑和困难,恐惧和压力
It wasn't simple to work in such environments,
在这样的环境下工作并不简单
sometimes having pigs under you while you paint or climbing a stack of garbage to reach a lift.
有时会有猪在你脚下,不论是在你作画的时候或是为了乘电梯爬垃圾堆的时候
But we all got over the fear of the heights, the swinging lifts, the strength of the smell
我们都经历了对高空、对摇摆的升降机、对浓烈的气味的恐惧
and also the stress of not finishing on time.
以及对无法按时完工的压力
But the kindness of all those people made us forget everything.
但当地人的善良使我们忘记了一切

演讲介绍

由于养猪大户的聚集,把埃及的亚特纳赛尔变成了“垃圾之城”。这里臭味熏天,垃圾遍布大街小巷。但最终都被这个艺术家通过艺术美化了那个贫穷而被人忽视的城市。


分享到
重点单词
  • stressn. 紧张,压力 v. 强调,着重 vt. 强调 n.
  • circlen. 圈子,圆周,循环 v. 环绕,盘旋,包围
  • kindnessn. 仁慈,好意
  • perceptionn. 感知,认识,观念
  • symbolismn. 象征主义,象征,符号化
  • calligraphyn. 书法
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落