位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 战马 > 正文
看电影学英语《战马》第8期:让Joey成为我的坐骑
日期:2012-04-12 16:25

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

It is war. We are at war with Germany. England is at war with Germany.
战争来了!我们对德国宣战了!英格兰和德国开战了!
They're going to ring the bells at six o'clock.
他们六点会敲钟
And then never ring them again until the war is over.
而下次敲钟,就要等到战争结束了
Look smart, Joey lad, it's the Tavistock Fair!
棒极了,Joey伙计!Tavistock集市很棒!
What has he done with him? Last name first. First name, middle name, last.
他把他怎么了?先写你的姓,然后名字。
Take my work for it, finest horse in the parish. Goes like a racer, strong, decent, very fine.
听我的没错,这是教区里最好的马了。跑起来像赛马,又健壮,特别好,非常好。
No curbs, no splints, Good feet and teeth.
没路肩,没夹板,好蹄好牙。
He's as sound as a bell, sir. How much are you charging, sir? For this strong, decent, and very fine animal.
真是好得发亮的马,长官,那您卖多少钱啊,先生?这么匹漂亮、结实的好马儿。
40. I give you 20, and not a penny more.
40 我就给你20基尼,一个子也不多给。
20 is no good to me, Captain. 35 and he's yours. I don't even know how he rides. Oh, he rides... Splendidly.
20也太少了长官,35就归你了 我都不知道他骑起来怎么样 噢,他骑起来……棒极了
You'll be astonished. I promise you that. Finest horse in all of Devon. Finest horse I ever seen. Thank you.
你会吃惊的,我向你保证,德文郡最好的马。是我见过的最好的马。谢谢。
You can't! You can't, he's mine! I trained him. Albert...
你不能卖,不能!那是我的!是我训练出来的!Albert……
You can't have him. He's my horse, sir. I'm afraid it's too late, lad. I've just paid 30 guineas for him.
您不能买走他,这是我的马,长官 真遗憾,太晚了,小伙子,我刚刚给了他30基尼
Please, I'll get you money. I'll get you money. I'll...I'll work for it. I will work for it.
求你了,我会弄到钱。我会……会挣来钱的,我会努力挣到钱的!我会努力挣到钱的!
He won't obey anyone else. He won't be any good in the war, neither.
他谁的话都不听!上战场肯定也不行
He shies at every sound! I'm sorry. Well, if Joey's going, I'm going, too. I'm volunteering.
一点声响就能吓着他!我很遗憾。好吧,那如果Joey要走,我也走,我自愿参军。
I see. What's your name, lad? Albert, sir. And how old are you? 19 sir. Is that the truth? No, sir, but...
哦是么,你叫什么,小伙子? Albert, 长官 你多大了?19,长官。是真的吗?不是,长官,可是……
No sir. But, but I look 19 and I'm bigger than most 19-year-olds, sir! And I'm strong, sir! And I...I'm not afraid of anything.
我看起来有19岁了,而且我比那些19岁的人块头大!而且我很强壮,长官!更重要的是,我无所畏惧!
I don't doubt your qualifications, Albert, but the law is very clear about the proper age for soldiering.
我不是怀疑你不够资格,Albert,可是法律对参军的年龄要求严格。
And your father has done what he had to do, you know that.
你爸爸也只是做了应该做的,你知道的。
30 guineas isn't nearly enough to purchase a horse as fine as your Joey, I know that. But it's all I've got.
30基尼想买你的好Joey显然差远了,我也知道,可我只有这么多钱了。
Will you lease him to me, Albert, to be my own mount?
你能把他让给我吗,Albert?成为我的坐骑?
I promise you, man to man, that I'll look after him...as closely as you've done.
我向你保证,男人对男人,我会好好照顾好他的,像你一样好。
I'll respect him and all the care that you've taken with him. And if I can, I'll return him to your care.
我会像你一样尊重爱护他,而且如果我能回来,我也会将他还给你。
Now say goodbye. It's all right, boy. All right, turn it in, eh?
道别吧。没事的,伙计…… 好了,还没够?
That's enough. He's a horse, not a dog. Now, on your way. Come on.
够了,他是匹马,又不是只狗。好了,回去吧,走吧。

重点讲解

1.at war 在交战状态中

The islands are currently at war.
目前岛屿间在交战中。

America is at war.
美国正经历战争。

If you were in the State Department , we'd be at war.
你要在国务院里工作,我们非打仗不可。

2.afraid of 害怕

I was afraid of being scolded.
我心里害怕挨骂。

But I'm afraid of losing again.
恐怕这一次我又要失败。

Are you afraid of scary movies?
你害怕恐怖电影吗?

3.as fine as 一样好
as...as 像……一样,同……一样

As young as your hope. as old as your despair.
如你的希望般年轻,如你的绝望般苍老。

Wet as the spring. Hot as the summer. Gale as the autumn.
潮湿得像春天。热得像夏天。大风得像秋天。

I would imagine you are a man of honor, as well. As am I.
我也想象得出,你跟我一样,是一位很讲信义的正派人。

分享到
重点单词
  • purchasevt. 买,购买 n. 购买,购买的物品 n. 支
  • despairn. 绝望,失望 vi. 失望
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • astonishedadj. 惊讶的 动词astonish的过去式和过去分词
  • decentadj. 体面的,正派的,得体的,相当好的