位置:首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 战马 > 正文
看电影学英语《战马》第5期:再来一次,孩子
日期:2012-03-30 15:46

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

Too large, too rocky, matted with grass roots. Even a sturdy plow horse would never manage it alone. Yet he will, I say.地大 石多 草根纠结 甚至是一匹强健的耕马都不能独自完成 他会做到的
You'd swear he'd sprout wings and fly if Albert told you so. It's fine thing, loyal to your mate, even if he is a bit barmy.如果艾伯特说这马会飞 你也相信 忠于朋友是好事 虽然他有点痴
A team of two might manage, given a month and good weather. Ted too squeamish to watch, is he? Of course he'd watching.
天气好的话 两个人或许一个月能完成 泰德不好意思来看吧?他肯定在看Come on. Well, you've raised him up a true Narracott, Ted. Picture of his father, he is.
来 你把孩子培养成了真正的纳拉科特 泰德 和他父亲一个样子Not a dollop of ordinary sense, but that thick stubbornness, that'll lead him to insist on the impossible.
没有一点常识 但却一样的倔脾气 坚持做不可能实现的事情Wasn't a farmer in Devon didn't admire you, myself among them, leaving your brothers that fine farm and setting yourself at this stony patch of unpromising ground.没有一个德文郡的农夫不钦佩你 我也如此 你把好地留给兄弟们 却让自己在这没有希望的石质土地上
You've fettle enough for 20 men. But with a gimpy leg and the drinking... For the pain, isn't it, that you drink?你有20个人的牛劲 但有条瘸腿有酗酒 因为受不了痛 是吧? 所以酗酒
None of us could have anticipated an ending better than this. Makes me question the wisdom of the charity that urged me to rent you this place,没人会预料会有比这好的结局 让我怀疑自己是不是傻了 竟然我这块地租给你
not only looking at you, me old pal, but that pretty little wife of yours. Thought you were a spark, she did!不仅是看着你 我的老朋友 还有你的漂亮老婆 她还以为你是个香饽饽
And your son's sinking into the selfsame bog that's swallowing you.你的儿子如今也陷入了一样的泥潭里
See, Joey. I got the collar, too! Okay, come on, boy. Walk on. That's it. Walk on! Walk on, Joey. Come on, boy, walk on!我也带上了颈圈 来吧 孩子 走起 就是这样 走起 来 走啊
You'd be better off standing at the top of the hill and going down! Gravity's only friend you're gonna have today, young lad!你最好从山顶开始 向下走 今天只有重力可以帮你了 小伙子
Walk on, Joey! Walk on! Come on, Joey, walk on.走起 乔伊!走起!来 乔伊 走起
It'll take the whip to move him.只有鞭子能让他走
Bravo! You reached the top of the hill! Off you go again, boy! You'll make even better time going down!好样的!你已经到达了山顶了!再来一次 孩子 !!!!!!!

重点讲解

1. insist on 坚持,坚决要求;督促,强调

I insist on doing more work.
我坚持要做更多工作。

Insist on transfer equivalencies.
坚持对等的学分转换。

If they insist on seeing you alone.
如果那人坚持要单独见你。

insist on doing 坚持做

I insist on doing more work.
我坚持要做更多工作。

But he would insist on doing it himself.
但是还是会坚持要自己来。

Insist on doing exercises, stronger immunity.
坚持体育锻炼,增强身体免疫力。

insist on/upon 坚决主张

2. better off adj. 经济状况好的,富裕的;状况好的

Will the next generation be better off?
下一代人的生活是否会更好?

Taking one thing with another, they are better off in England than in France.
总的说来,他们在英国的境遇比在法国好。

Nevertheless, if what they typically buy becomes cheaper, they are surely still better off.
然而如果他们常买的那些商品变得便宜了,他们一定会觉得状况变好了。

分享到
重点单词
  • maten. 伙伴,配偶,同事 vt. 使 ... 配对,使 .
  • anticipatedadj. 预期的;期望的 v. 预料(anticipat
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • sparkn. 火花,朝气,情人,俗丽的年轻人 vi. 闪烁,冒火
  • patchn. 补丁,小片 vt. 修补,补缀 n. 呆子
  • transfern. 迁移,移动,换车 v. 转移,调转,调任
  • sturdyadj. 强健的,健全的
  • settingn. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲 动词
  • unpromisingadj. 没有希望的(结果未必良好的)
  • plown. 犁,耕地 vt. 耕犁, vi. 用犁,费力前进,