《牛仔裤的夏天》视听精讲第9期:逃跑的伴娘
日期:2012-02-23 15:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Well, let's see here.
我来看看哈,

Well, we need to let this out here.
这里需要往外放一点。

Right, right. Way out.
对,对,要放出来很多。

And hopefully we can dig up some extra fabric.
但愿还能找到剩余的布料。

And this... yes, this needs some serious work here.
看来得大修大改。

Frankly, I think we're better off just starting from scratch on this one.
说实在的,还不如再重新做一件。

Okay, good.
那好吧。

Can I take this off now?
可以脱下来了吗?

Sure. Certainly, darling. Go ahead.
当然了,亲爱的,去吧。

Barbara, I'm so sorry.
实在太抱歉了,芭芭拉。

I had no idea her father would be so off when he guessed her size.
没想到她爸爸给的尺寸差这么多。

Usually a roughly constructed prototype works as a starting point, but in this case...
通常这种半成品礼服西只需要细小的改动,可这...

we could add a longline corset for her?
也许可以给她加一个束腰?

Yes, that'll cinch it in. Right, beautiful.
对,勒紧一点。

It is a wedding, and I do want it to look uniform.
这是为婚礼上穿的,我希望她们看起来一样漂亮。

I mean, will she look like krista? Definitely.
我是说,能不能让她看上去跟克里斯塔一样?

You know, then just never mind.
当然没问题,放心吧。

We will fix the hem on krista's...and we'll just start over on the other one.
我们先给克里斯塔改裙摆,然后就动手解决另外一个。

Carmen. The other one's name, it's carmen. Carmen.
是卡门!另外一个叫卡门。卡门!

You know what? Just forget about the dress.
不用费心做什么礼服了。

We can tell everybody that carmen's puerto rican.
就告诉大家卡门是波多黎各人。

And it never occurred to you she might be built differently.
你从没想过她会是另外一个样。

Or that, unlike you and your daughter, she has an ass...
不像是你和你的女儿,我的屁股大得很

that the tailor didn't have enough bolts of material to cover.
裁缝都找不到布料来遮住。

Or better yet, just tell everyone there is no carmen.
要不干脆告诉大家根本没有卡门这个人。

Carmen doesn't exist.
她根本不存在。

Carmen, honey. Carmen!
卡门,亲爱的。卡门!

重点讲解

way: adv. 非常,远远地
It seems like I'm always way too busy with work.
我工作总是太忙了。
His ideas were way ahead of his time.
他的思想远远超越了他那个时代。
She finished the race way ahead of the other runners.
她第一个跑到终点,远远领先于其他选手。

be better off:更好,情况好转;更富裕

He'd be better off going to the police about it.
他最好把这件事报告警方。
We'd be better off without them as neighbours.
要是没有这家邻居,我们就过得更愉快了。
You will be better off.
你的状况会好起来的。

it occur to sb.:想到

Didn't it occur to you that he was lying?
你当时没想到他在撒谎吗?

or better yet: 或者更好的是,要不干脆就...
Try Christmas Tree cookies, or better yet, put it in some fruitcake.
偿一下圣诞树曲奇,或更好的,把它加到某种水果蛋糕里。

副词 yet 和比较级连用,作还要,更讲,常可用 even 代替
This is a yet (或 even) more difficult task.
这是一项更为艰巨的任务。
We must study yet (或even) harder.
我们必须更加努力学习。

分享到
重点单词
  • prototypen. 原型,雏形
  • constructedvt. 构造,建造;创立,构筑;搭建(construct
  • uniformn. 制服 adj. 一致的,统一的 vt. 穿制
  • tailorn. 裁缝 vt. 缝制,剪裁 vi. 做裁缝
  • fabricn. 织物,结构,构造 vt. 构筑