《牛仔裤的夏天》视听精讲第8期:那叫白血病
日期:2012-02-21 11:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

影片讲述了四个妙龄少女和一条会飞的牛仔裤之间的故事。在一个旧货店,他们发现一条适合四个人体形的牛仔裤。尽管这四个女孩体形、个头和欣赏力各不相同,但这条神奇的牛仔裤却总能适合她们。在接下来的一个夏天,在分开的日子里,会飞的牛仔裤给身处不同的地方的她们带来了不同的奇遇,让她们都经历了一个难忘的夏天。

So, Roberta, what do you like best about working here at wallmans?
那么,洛贝塔,你对自己在超市的工作感到满意么?

Pays the bills. Well, most of them, anyway.
付账单,我是说大部分账单。

I also work parttime over at the sweet shoppe across the way.
我还在对面的甜品店做兼职。

They've got one of them...blending machines, you know, for the mixins...
那儿有台搅拌机用来做冰激凌。

and whenever I get bored...I do experiments.
我无聊的时候就试着调配新口味。

Experiments? That's so cool.
做实验吗?太棒了。

Here, plug that in. Sorry I'm late. It's okay.
给,插上。对不起,我来晚了。没事。

What's your best one so far?
你做过的最好的口味是什么?

Gee, I don't know...oh, there was one the other day and it turned out really good.
呃,我也说不好。有一次做得特别好吃。

It had pralines, blueberries and a whole bunch of graham crackers.
有果仁糖,蓝莓,加上全麦粉饼干。

Awesome. You know baskin-robbins?
了不起。你知道baskin-robbins公司吗?

They hire these ice cream scientists...
他们有冰激凌专家。

whose job is to invent three new flavors a month.
专门负责每月研发3种新口味。

Really? Yeah.
真的?是啊。

You know who would be good at something like that? You.
知不知道谁是这方面的专家?是你。

You think so?
你真这么认为?

Oh, jeez! I gotta get back to work. Duncan's gonna have a hissy fit.
噢,天哪,我该回去干活儿了。邓肯又要发脾气了。

See you later.
回见了。

Sorry. I know you hate it when I butt in. It's okay.
抱歉,我知道你不喜欢我打断采访。没关系啦。

I didn't mean to mess up the whole interview.
我不是有意要把采访搞砸的。

You didn't. You were good.
没有,你做的很好。

So who told you? Told me what?
是谁告诉你的?告诉我什么?

You found out, didn't you? We still have time for one more interview.
你知道了,对不对?我们还有时间再做一个采访。

It's called leukemia.
那叫白血病。

Yeah, and I would like to come with you.
我想跟你一起去。

But are you just asking because you feel sorry for me?
你是不是因为觉得我可怜才邀请我的?

I don't know. Maybe. Okay. Okay.
我也说不清,也许吧。那好吧。好吧。

重点讲解

turn out v. 结果是,证明是
The film turned out to be a great success.
这部影片结果大获成功。
It turned out that this method doesn't work well.
结果是这方法不太管用。

to have a hissy fit 就是发脾气的意思;To have a hissy fit means to get really upset about something and throw a tantrum.
If you tried something like that on my birthday, you'd be starin' at the business end of a hissy fit.
你如果在我生日的时候这么做, 我绝对会很生气.

butt in 插嘴,打岔

有关插嘴、打岔的其他表达:

1) I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I've got something urgent to tell you.
抱歉打断你们的谈话,但我有急事要告诉你。

2) Sorry to butt in.
抱歉,打岔一下。

3) I'm sorry to barge in like this, but I need your help with a problem.
很抱歉这样打断你们,但我需要你帮我解决一个问题。

4) Wait, can I put in a word here?
等一下,我可以插句话吗?

5) Can I say something?
我可以说句话吗?

6) She kept cutting in when I was making my point.
我表示意见的时候她一直打断我的话。

7) He chipped in when I was about to answer his question.
我正准备回答他问题的时候,他就打断我的话。

8) He always breaks in on our discussions.
他老是打断我们的讨论。

9) My boss got really mad when his secretary chimed in during the meeting.
我老板的秘书在开会的时候插嘴,把他弄得很火大。

10) It's very impolite to interpose in such a formal seminar.
在这么正式的研讨会里插嘴是很不礼貌的。

分享到
重点单词
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • interposev. 插入,插嘴,介于 ... 之间
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • bargen. 驳船 vi. 猛撞,冲,闯
  • inventvt. 发明,创造,捏造
  • interruptv. 打断,打扰,中止,中断 n. [计算机]中断