(单词翻译:单击)
Sheldon:Good morning, Leonard.
早上好Leonard。
Yeah. We're gonna have to stop by pottery barn on the way to work. I bought these star wars sheets, but they turned out to be much too stimulating to be compatible with a good night's sleep.
我们开车去上班的路上要在陶瓷大库房[家居专卖店]停一下,我在那里买了星战床单。但躺在这上面实在是太刺激了,我根本不能安心睡觉。
I don't like the way Darth Vader stares at me.
黑武士盯着我看使我很不爽。
Leonard:I'm not going to work.
我不去上班了。
Sheldon:Oh, just because your career's been stagnant for a few years, that's no reason to give up.
就算你的研究生涯这几年里毫无建树,那也没必要放弃啊。
(在谢耳朵眼里,别人的研究永远都是毫无价值。就像当初他第一次跟他们的新主任打招呼,就说人家这辈子唯一成功的实验是点燃了自己的屁...)
Leonard:Sheldon, I was up all night using the new freeelectron laser for Xray diffraction experiment.
Sheldon我整晚都没睡,我在用自由电子激光束做X射线散射实验。
Sheldon:Did the laser accidentally burn out your retinas?
是不是激光束碰巧把你视网膜烤焦了。
Leonard:No.
没。
Sheldon:Then you can drive. Let's go.
那你就能开车了,快走。
(瞧见了吧。谢耳朵怎么可能真的去关心别人呢?)
Leonard:Didn't I tell you I'd be working nights and that you'd have to make other arrangements?
我不是告诉你了么,我现在是晚上工作,你要另外想办法了。
Sheldon:You did.
是啊。
Leonard:And?
所以?
Sheldon:I didn't. Let's go.
可我的时间没改。走吧。(你是真听不懂呢,还是真听不懂呢?)
Leonard:Good night, Sheldon.
晚安Sheldon。
Sheldon:But how am I going to get to work?
那我怎么去上班啊?
Leonard:Take the bus.
乘公交车。
Sheldon:I can't take the bus anymore.
我再也不能乘公交车了。
They don't have seat belts, and they won't let you latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords.
座位上没安全带,而且他们不让我用橡皮筋把自己拴在座椅上。
Leonard:You tried to latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords?
你想用橡皮筋把自己捆在座椅上?
Sheldon:I didn't try. I succeeded. But for some reason, it alarmed the other passengers and I was asked to debus.
我不是光想,我确实那么做了。但不知为什么其他乘客对此很惊慌,他们让我滚下车。
(谢耳朵永远不会在乎周围的人怎么看自己。他可以随心所欲地像个外星人那样为所欲为,然后当大家向他投来看怪物似的眼光时,他又一副无辜的样子......)
Leonard:Oh, you're a big boy. You'll figure it out.
傻孩子,你会自己想出办法的。
Sheldon:Don't talk to me like I'm a child. Now, take me to return my star wars sheets!
别把我当孩子,你现在立刻带我去退掉星战床单。(还真是个傻孩子啊!)