一起来膜拜美剧幽默大神第22期:你跟他们较什么劲啊
日期:2011-12-22 13:41

(单词翻译:单击)

背景介绍:Penny和Howard陪着Sheldon去车管局考驾照。此刻他们正排队交申请表。

Woman:Take this to the testing area, put your name at the top, sign the bottom, answer the questions, bring it back. Next. Application?
带这个去测试区,在上面写上名字,下面签字,回答完问题交回来,下一个,申请?
Sheldon:I'm actually more of a theorist.
我实际上更多是理论家。

(application是申请表的意思,也有应用、应用学之意。工作人员是问Sheldon申请表呢?,而他却以为人家再问他是不是搞应用学的。其实他是个理论物理学家。)

Howard:The application in your hand. Give it to her.
是说你手里的申请表。给她。
Woman:Take this to the testing area, Put your name at the top, sign the bottom, answer the questions, bring it back. Next!
带这个去测试区,在上面写上名字,下面签字,回答完问题交回来,下一个!
Sheldon:Excuse me, but I have some concerns about these questions.
抱歉,对这些问题我有些疑问。


Woman:Look at that sign up there.
看看那的牌子。
Sheldon:Yes?
怎么了?
Woman:Does it say "I give a damn"?
上面写了"我在乎"吗?
Sheldon:No.
没。
Woman:That's because I don't.
那是因为我不在乎。

(give a damn 同give a shit,是一个不太礼貌的说法,表示关心、在乎)
Sheldon:Just look. See, this first question makes no sense.
看啊,第一个问题就说不通。
Should you leave in front of you when driving?
你开车时车距应该保持几个车身?
There's no possible way to answer that. A "car length" is not a standardized unit of measure.
没有可能能回答这个问题。车身长不是个标准化的度量单位。
Woman:Look at the sign.
看看那个牌子......
Penny:Sheldon, it's "c.just put down "c."
Sheldon答案是"C" ,就写"C"。
Sheldon:I don't need your help, penny.
我不需要你的帮忙Penny。
Woman:Listen to that little girl, honey. Put "c." next!
听那个小姑娘的宝贝写上"C"。下一个!
Sheldon:No, wait! No, hang on. Look at this next question.
别,等下,等等。看看下一个问题。
Howard:Sheldon, why are you arguing with the DMV?
Sheldon你为何要和车管局争执?
Sheldon:How else are they going to learn?
否则他们怎么进步?

分享到
重点单词
  • measuren. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸 v. 测量,量
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序