(单词翻译:单击)
教案:
Hi! Welcome to Xiaoming Yingyu. Let’s start with our slang.
欢迎来到小明英语。让我们从俚语开始吧
“Stand” is the word for today. You know what it means to stand. But you can also stand firm about
something.
今天的单词是stand。你知道是什么意思吧。但是你也可以为某事站稳立场
If you are standing firm about a belief, you are sort of not letting anyone change your opinion about it.
如果你对一个信仰站稳立场,你不会让别人左右你的看法
And if you can’t stand something, it means you can’t stand still while something else happens. You just can’t stand it.
如果你不能忍受某事,意思是你在一些事情发生的时候不能站着不动,你不能忍受
For example, one thing I can’t stand is when people forget to turn lights off when they leave a room.
比如说,我不能忍受的是当别人离开一个房间的时候忘了关灯
I can’t just stand there and not say something, so of course I will go talk to them about it.
我不能只站在那不说话,所以当然我会去跟他们说
So that’s what it means when you can’t stand something.
这就是不能忍受的意思
You can also say that you are standing up to something. We’ve just talked about standing up for your belief.
你也可以说你在某事上抵抗。我们刚刚说到了对信仰站稳立场
If you stand up to someone or something, even though they try to knock you down or move you, you stand firm. You stand up to them.
如果你抵抗某人或某事,尽管他们试图去把你打倒或者动摇,你都会站稳。
For example, if someone is teasing you or bullying you, then you have to stand up to them and not let them make you feel bad about yourself.
如果有人欺负你,你需要抵抗他们,不要因为他们而为自己感到沮丧
That’s our slang for today. Now let’s talk about sentence structure.
这就是我们今天的俚语。现在让我们来讲句型。
Here is our first example. “What do you think of Greg’s new jacket?”
我们第一个例子是 你觉得格瑞格的新上衣怎么样?
What do you think of A’s B? A is Greg, B is his jacket.
你觉得A的 B怎么样?A是格瑞格,B是他的上衣
Here is another example, “What do you think of tomorrow’s math test?”
另外一个例子是 你觉得明天的数学考试怎么样
And one more, “What do you think of Sony’s new phone?”
另外一个 你觉得索尼的新手机怎么样
I know this sentence is very easy, but it’s also very useful.
我知道这个句子很简单,但是很有用
It’s a good way to start a conversation when you don’t know too much about the person you are talking to.
在和一个不是很熟悉的人聊天的时候用这个句型开始对话是个不错的方式
You can ask them how they feel about something without risking starting an argument.
你可以问他们对某事的感受而不会有开始一个争执的危险
That is our sentence structure for today. Now let’s do some etymology.
这就是我们今天的句型。现在来说词源吧
Our root is “saul” or “sault”. In Latin, this means to leap, to jump, to leap forward.
我们今天的词根是saul或者sault。在拉丁语里是跳的意思
And one of the words that uses this root is “assault”. This is a noun that means a violent physical or verbal attack.
用到这个词根的一个单词是assault。这是一个名词,意思是暴力的肢体或者口头的攻击
If someone is assaulting someone else, you can imagine them jumping forward, trying to hurt them.
如果一个人在攻击另外一个人,你可以想象他们往前跳,试图去伤害对方
And if you are assaulting someone with words, you might be insulting them. Saying something very
disrespectful and hurtful.
如果你口头攻击别人,你可能会侮辱他们。说一些很很不尊敬的话
For example, a student might insult a teacher after the student gets a bad grade.
例如,一个学生可能会在考了一个低分之后侮辱一个老师
Again you can imagine the student stepping forward and being very angry. Are you sort of getting the pattern here?
你可以想象这个同学往前迈步并且非常生气。开始看到规律了吗?
So that is our root for today. Remember, if you hear “sault” in a word, think of someone leaping forward, attacking.
这就是我们今天的词根。记住,如果你听到了sault,可以想到某个人往前跳,攻击
And I hope that helps with your understanding of English. I hope you learned something in the lesson
today.
我希望这能够帮助你对英语的理解。我希望你学到了一些知识
If you have any comments or questions, let me know on Weibo, and I’d be happy to help. See you next time.
如果你有任何意见或者问题,来微博上关注我吧,我很乐意帮忙。下次见。
俚语介绍
Stand
Stand Firm 站稳立场
Can't Stand 无法忍受
Stand up to 抵抗
1、句型标题
What do you think of Greg's new jacket?
What do you think of A's B?
What do you think of tomorrow's math test?
What do you think of Sony's new phone?
2、 词源标题
Saul, Sault
Assault n.攻击
Insult v.侮辱