听电影《结婚大作战》学英语第28期:玩阴招的漂亮女孩
日期:2012-08-03 09:32

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Ooh, for me! A jolly Walrus cookie bouquet. Is Daniel a keeper or what?
给我的,欢乐曲奇饼干篮,丹尼尔真是个饲养员。  
I'd just be careful. Miss Wang is a stern mistress.
要我的话可会小心点,王小姐可是很严格的。  
Video montage.If there's gonna be live pictures and, like, video footage.
视频剪辑,就是图片幻灯,录像带什么的。  
I know. It's, like, verging on being a digital short.
我知道,像是视频短片那种。
I don't know how they're gonna cut me out of the footage.
我不知道他们打算怎么把我切出去。  
I'm in everything.
每张上都有我。  
Oh, this came for you via messenger.
这是邮差送来给你的。  
I can't wait to get into this one.
我都等不及吃这个了。  
Mr. Simmons called again asking for the update on the agreement.
赛门斯先生又打电话来要合同的更新了。  
Rutherford Press? That's my hometown.I'm just gonna take this.
卢瑟福快报?那是我老家,我把这个拿走。  
Suppose I should just tell them you're dealing with a crisis?
我该告诉他们你在处理麻烦?  
Oh, my God.
我的天。  
They still print engagement announcements.
他们还在刊登订婚启事啊。  
I'm sort of like a celebrity back there, probably.
也许我在老家也算是名人。  
You know, it's like, local girl makes good. Such sweet people.
像是赚大钱的本地女孩,真是可爱的人。  
What the?
什么?  
That's not you. Is it?
那不是你,是吗?  
Emma looks gorgeous.
艾玛看起来真漂亮。  
But not on the inside, which is-Kevin.
但她的心灵不美,凯文。  
It's the best she can do, huh?
她就能做到这样了?  
So lame. She wants to play dirty? I can play dirty.
真差劲,她想玩阴的?我也可以。  
You can play dirty. I've seen you do it.
你会玩阴的,我见你玩过。  
I went to law school, people.
我念的可是法学院。

妙语佳句
1.Miss Wang is a stern mistress
王小姐可是很严格的
mistress
情妇;女主人;主妇;女教师;女能人
The mistress of the house reluctantly installed the two refugees in a spare room.
女主人很不情愿地把两个难民安置在一个空闲的房间里。
2.cut out
切断;删去;停止;关掉
You may have this same situation, so instead of creating another seating area that might not get used at all, do what I have them do: cut out a small room as your bonus area.
你们可能也有同样的情况,所以不是创造另外的根本不可能习惯的座位空间。 我想做的是:去除一个小房间作为额外空间。
3.engagement announcements
订婚启事啊
Engagement announcements also will appear in local newspapers.
一般还会在当地报约上刊登订婚启事。
4.on the inside
在里面;在内心;知道内情
Here on the inside we have a model of ourselves that makes sense, but out there,what conclusions are those who know us best drawing about our personalities?
在内心中,我们对自己自有一番评判,但在外界,在人群中,我们又是怎样一个人呢?那些最熟悉我们的人会对此有怎样的结论呢?
5.play dirty
用诈术;作弊;玩阴的
Do you not play dirty when engaged in competition?
你能在竞争中不使坏不玩阴的吗?
考考你
翻译:
1.我不知道他们打算怎么把我剪切出去。    
2.也许我在老家也算是名人。
上期答案:
1.The final month before the big day is a litmus test for couples.
2.It will bring out the fundamental conflicts in their relationship.

分享到
重点单词
  • messengern. 报信者,先驱
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • updatev. 更新,补充最新资料 n. 更新
  • walrusn. 海象
  • reluctantlyadv. 嫌恶地;不情愿地
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)
  • celebrityn. 名人,名誉,社会名流
  • bonusn. 奖金,红利
  • competitionn. 比赛,竞争,竞赛
  • dealingn. 经营方法,行为态度 (复数)dealings:商务