听电影《结婚大作战》学英语第4期:放弃州决赛
日期:2012-07-07 15:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Oh, Ms.Allan? Hey, Robert,What's up?
爱伦女士? 嘿,罗伯特,什么事?
I think Ms.Delgado is looking for you.
我想德咖窦女士在找你。
Is she? W-Was she nearby?
是吗? 她在附近吗?
She...She's in her room,She's...
她在她的房间,她在。
Emma, there you are.
艾玛,你在这啊。
Oh, God, Deb. Hi. I know. Isn't it gorgeous?
哦,上帝,德比,嗨,我知道,很漂亮吧?
God, I feel so blessed to have this body.
上帝,有这样的身材我真是觉得幸运。
You know, I am so late.
我要迟到了。
No, no, no. Listen. You gotta help me out here.
不,不,不,听着,你得帮我的忙。
You know the debate team? Yeah.
你知道辩论队的事吧?是。
I cannot go to the state finals.
州决赛我去不了。
I mean, children talking about their little problems.
那些孩子们讨论他们那些小破事。
Ugh! You gotta do it for me.
你得代我去。
Yeah, Deb, I'm already doing your late bus patrol...
德比,我已经在帮你值晚班车的班。
and pep squad and your after-school detention.
做啦啦队还有留堂的工作了。
You're the debate team adviser. I don't think that I should.
你才是辩论队的指导老师,我觉得不该由我。
I know. I do so much.
我知道,我做的事太多了。
I wish I could just do the bare minimum.
我真希望只用做最低标准量就好了。
I so admire you for that.
真是羡慕你啊。
Anyway, all right, look. Here's how we'll work it out.
总之,听着,我们这样吧。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
I'll do the debate team- Okay, good.
辩论队我负责,好,很好。
Uh-huh. If you take my Tuesday study halls for the rest of the year.
但是我负责的周二学习时间今年都由你来管。
Okay? Yeah, that's- No.
好吗?行,那,不。
All right. You owe me, girl.
好了,你欠我的,姑娘。
Get out of the hallway, kids.
从走廊里滚出去,小孩。
You know why she does this?
你知道她为什么要那么做吗?
You're the best teacher at that school,No, I...
你是那学校最好的老师,不,我。
She's trying to overwork you, so you crack under pressure.
她想让你超负荷工作,你就会因担子太重垮掉了。
I don't know. I think she's kind of sad.
我不知道,我觉得她有点可悲。
I mean, she's been divorced, like, three times.
她离过婚 离了好像有三次。
She's way ahead of us.
她领先我们好多啊。
I mean, where are our divorces?
我们还不知道什么时候能离婚呢?
I gotta get married first.
我得先结婚。
God, I hate Daniel.
上帝,我恨丹尼尔。

妙语佳句
1.look for 寻找
look about for sth 四处寻找
Look Out 注意/当心/提防...
Look After For 追求
例如:
If you don't know what I'm talking about look for "Certificate Error" on this forum.
如果你不知道我说的找证书错误"这一论坛"。
2.gorgeous
adj. 华丽的,灿烂的;极好的,漂亮的
此外,"beautiful/pretty/handsome"也有此意。
例如:
Whatever will come of it, it will not be a pretty sight.
无论今后出现何种情况,它都不会是一个美丽的景象。
3.patrol
巡逻;巡逻队;侦察队
例如:
The highway patrol flagged us away from the accident.
高速公路上的巡逻警察示意我们避开事故地区。
4.啦啦队
cheering squad/cheerleaders/rooters
此处用"pep squad"表示"赛前球队"的意思。
例如:
"Everything depends on Carlos, " Mancini said. "If he apologises to the squad and to me, then everything will be as before.
"都由卡洛斯自己来定"曼奇尼说:"如果他对球队和我道歉,我们都将回到像以前一样。
5.be divorced from
与……离婚/脱离……
be divorced from reality
离实际
考考你:
翻译:
1.上帝,有这样的身材我真是觉得幸运。
2.我已经在帮你值晚班车的班。
上期答案:
1.IPod are for people who can't be alone with their own thoughts.
2.It's an aggressive approach, exploiting the weaknesses of our plaintiffs case.

分享到
重点单词
  • hallwayn. 门厅;玄关;走廊
  • aggressiveadj. 侵略的,有进取心的,好斗的
  • debaten. 辩论,讨论 vt. 争论,思考 vi. 商讨,辩论
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理
  • crackv. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑 n.