听电影《结婚大作战》学英语第27期:婚前恐惧症
日期:2012-08-02 09:22

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Good for you.Doing warm-ups.
很好,你们做热身了。  
Yeah, I got your voice mail.?
我听到你们的语音留言了。  
saying you wanted to push the lesson from 1.00 to 4.00.
说想把课从1点推迟到4点。  
How long have you been here?
你们来了多久了?  
Oh, my God.
我的天。  
What? Liv.
什么?是丽芙。
Uh,just give us a second.I mean, who does that?
请给我们几分钟,谁会干出这种事?  
She's finally gone completely crazy. Not that I'm surprised at all.
她现在是彻底疯了,不过我也不觉得惊讶就是了。  
I mean, she's always been nuts.
她一直疯疯癫癫的。  
I know. And messing with our couple style?
我知道 给我们的夫妻风格捣乱?
There is no way I'm letting her get away with that.Good.
这次我绝不会放过她,很好。  
You know who I feel sorry for is Daniel.
我真为丹尼尔感到遗憾。  
He's not even gonna be able to control his own wife.
他以后连自己的生活都不能掌控了。  
What?
什么?  
No, I'm just saying,It's Liv. Because she never thinks about,And?
我是说,那可是丽芙 她从不考虑,所以?  
I'm going inside.What?
我要进去了,什么嘛?  
The final month before the big day is a litmus test for couples.
婚礼前的最后一个月最能考验新人。  
of how they work together, solve problems, communicate.
考验他们的合作能力,解决问题,沟通的能力。 
The early, happy glow is over, and the nerves begin to set in.
初期的甜蜜过去了,紧张开始进驻。
With some couples.
对某些新人来说。
it brings out the fundamental conflicts in their relationship.
这会引发他们交往中最本质的矛盾。  
With other couples, the lucky ones.
对另外的新人,幸运的那些。  
it highlights the essential harmony of their partnership.
这反而彰显出他们关系的和谐。  
Of course, even the luckiest bride.?
当然,即使是最幸运的新娘。  
needs something to take the edge off.
也需要点东西来缓解紧张。

妙语佳句
1.nuts
发狂的;热衷的;狂热的
The media went nuts, repeating the clip endlessly and quizzing random citizens on the street about exactly how pissed off this statement made them.
媒体开始发狂,他们反复播出录有这段话的剪辑,在大街上展开随机访问,询问民众希拉里的言辞到底使他们有多反感。
2.mess with
同…一起用膳;胡乱摆弄;干扰;与…厮混在一起
Be confident, don't let anyone mess with your dream
要自信,不要让任何人干扰你的梦想。
3.get away with
侥幸成功,侥幸逃脱
They are naïve and believe they get away with their heinous activities, but the records of every ones lives exist in the higher dimensions.
他们是天真的,相信他们侥幸逃脱了他们的罪恶的活动的后果,但是在更高的维度中存在着关于每一个生命的记录。
4.litmus test
Taken together, these inquiries are a litmus test for the federal government's willingness to challenge a widely liked and admired company and to take on some profoundly difficult questions.
凡此种种,这些调查成为一个能立见分晓的检验办法,来测试美国联邦政府究竟有多大的意愿,来挑战像Google这样广受人民喜爱和尊敬的公司,以及来着手应对一些棘手而又具有深远意义的问题。
5.take the edge off
减弱;使钝;缓解紧张
It may also take the edge off withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, headaches, and lethargy.
同时,锻炼还会减弱戒烟不良反应的程度,例如易怒,头痛和瞌睡。
考考你
翻译:
1.婚礼前的最后一个月最能考验新人。      
2.这会引发他们交往中最本质的矛盾。
上期答案:
1.It's gonna be, like, pictures of them as babies.
2.If you heard what was actually going on, you would totally side with me.

分享到
重点单词
  • randomadj. 随机的,随意的,任意的 adv. 随机地 n.
  • irritabilityn. 易怒,过敏性,兴奋性
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • challengen. 挑战 v. 向 ... 挑战
  • withdrawaln. 撤退,退回,取消
  • essentialn. 要素,要点 adj. 必要的,重要的,本质的
  • clipn. 夹子,钳,回形针,弹夹 n. 修剪,(羊毛的)剪下
  • communicatev. 交流,传达,沟通
  • lethargyn. 昏睡,倦怠