(单词翻译:单击)
Interesting.Right,let's look at the content of your proposal now.
有意思。好的。现在让我们看看方案的目录。
Did you find it comprehensive enough?
你觉得它够全面吗?
Well,yes and no.You've listed several different topics on your contents page, but I'm not sure they're all relevant.
说不好。你在目录页列举了一些不同的话题,但是我不确定它们都能切题。
No?Well,I thought that from the perspective of a field trip, one thing I needed to focus on was the sandstone plateaux and cliffs themselves.
不能吗?我认为从实地考察的角度,有一件事我需要关注的是砂岩高原和悬崖。
The way they tower up from the flat landscaps is just amazing.
它们在平地中拔地而起的样子真是令人惊奇。
The fact that the surrounding softer rocks were eroded by wind and rain, leaving these huge outcrops high above the plain.
周边的岩石受到风雨的侵蚀,露出了巨大的岩层,高高的处于平原之上。
It's hardly surprising that tourists flock to see the area.
怪不得成群的游客会到此参观。
Well,yes,I'd agree with including those points...
是的。我同意这几点……
And then the fact that it's been home to native American Navajos and all the social history that goes with that.
事实上,这里曾是美国原住民纳瓦霍人的家园,所有社会历史都记录了这点。
The hardships they endured trying to save their territory from the invading settlers.
他们在抵抗侵略者以保卫领土的过程中遭受磨难。
Their culture is so rich - all those wonderful stories.
他们的文化很丰富,都是神奇的故事。
Well,I agree it's interesting,but it's not immediately relevant to your proposal, Sandra,so at this stage,I suggest you focus on other considerations.
我也觉得这很有意思,但是这跟你的方案关系不大,桑德拉,所以在现阶段,我建议你关注其他方面。
I think an indication of what the students on the trip could actually do when they get there should be far more central,
我认为告诉学生到那里后可以在行程中做些什么要更重要,
so that certainly needs to be included and to be expanded upon.
这点肯定要加上去,并且展开描写。
And I'd like to see something about the local wildlife,and vegetation too, not that I imagine there's much to see.
我想看到一些关于当地野生动物和植被的描述,现在的描写不多。
Presumably the tourist invasion hasn't helped.
可能是因为游客的入侵帮了倒忙。