(单词翻译:单击)
Read the article written by a father for a newspaper.
读一位父亲写给一家报社的这篇文章 。
What is his family going to sell at the yard sale?
在庭院拍卖会上.他的一家打算卖掉什么?
My children are growing up fast.
我的孩子们长得很快 。
My daughter is 16 and my boy is already in junior high school.
我的女几16岁了,我的儿子已上初中 。
As they get bigger our house seems to get smaller.
随着他们一天天长大,我们的房子似乎变得越来越小了 。
So we want to sell some of our things in a yard sale and give the money to a children's home.
所以我们想在庭院拍卖会上卖掉一些东西,并把钱捐给儿童之家 。
We have already cleared out a lot of things from our bedrooms.
我们已经从卧室里清理出了许多东西 。
We have decided to each sell five things that we no longer use.
我们决定每人出售5件不再使用的物品 。
My son was quite sad at first.
一开始,我的儿子相当难过 。
Although he has not played with his old toys for a long time, he still wanted to keep them.
虽然他很长时间不玩他的旧玩具了,但他仍想留着它们 。
For example, he has owned a train and railway set since his fourth birthday,
例如,自从他的4岁生日起,他就拥有了一套火车和铁路轨道的玩具 。
and he played with it almost every week until he was about seven.
他几乎每周都玩这套玩具,一直玩到大约7岁时 。
And he did not want to lose his toy monkey, either.
他也不想失去他的玩具猴 。
He slept next to the monkey every night when he was a child.
在他还是个孩子时,每晚他都要紧靠着那只玩具猴睡觉 。
My daughter was more understanding, although she also felt sad to part with certain toys.
我的女儿比较懂事,尽管失去某些玩具她也感到很难过 。
As for me, I did not want to give up my football shirts,
至于我,我不想放弃我的橄榄球球衫,
but, to be honest, I have not played for a while now I am getting older, too!
但是,说实在的,现在我已经有一段时间不玩球了 。我也在变老!
译文为可可英语翻译,未经授权请勿转载!