有声读物《威廉·莎士比亚》第59期:退居斯特拉福镇(2)
日期:2013-07-22 15:43

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

That brought him back to life.
这番话使他又恢复了生机。
Can't you read?he said crossly.
你看不懂吗?他忿忿地说,
If you look at Gonzalo's words in Act 2,Toby,you'll see that it's a magic island一and their clothes stay dry all the time.
托比,你若是看了第二幕贡柴罗那段话,你会觉得那是一座魔岛—他们的衣服一直是干的,
So they'll only need one lot.
所以只需准备一套衣服。
I laughed,and then he laughed too.
我笑了,跟着他也笑了。
But it was true,he was tried.
事实的确这样,他累了。
I could see it,and others could see it too.
我看得出来,别人也看得出来。
But the company was always wanting new plays,and we had two theatres now.
不过,剧团总需要新剧上演,况且我们现在有两个剧院;
There was the Globe,and now we had the Blackfriars theatre.
环球剧院和黑修士剧院。
Plays in the Globe were in the open air and always had to be in daylight,
环球剧院是露天剧院,戏剧通常只能白天演。
but the Blackfriars was a building with a roof.
黑修士剧院是有盖顶的剧院,
We could put on plays in the evenings and in any weather.
戏剧可以在晚上以及随便什么天气上演,
It also made more money,because every playgoer had a seat and paid a shilling for it.
钱也赚得更多,因为每个观众花一先令可以有一个座位,

In the Globe they paid a penny to stand.
但在环球剧院,观众花一便士要站着看。

莎翁经典

放弃时间的人,时间也会放弃他。

分享到