有声读物《威廉·莎士比亚》第37期:幼子夭折(5)
日期:2013-06-19 12:54

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

What's happened?I asked.What is it?
发生什么事了?我问道,到底怎么了?
He looked at me.Hamnet… he began.
他望着我。哈姆奈特……,他开口说道,
Hamnet was ill last week,and…and he died,yesterday.
上星期哈姆奈特病倒了,可是……可是他昨天死了。
He was only eleven,Toby,and he's dead.My boy.
他才11岁呀,托比,可他却死了。
My only son.He's dead,Toby.Dead.
我的孩子。我唯一的儿子。托比,他死了,死了。
He put his face in his hands.
他双手掩面哭了。
What Can you say to a man when something like that happens to him?
发生这样的事你又能说什么来安慰他呢?
I sat down next to him and put my hand on his arm.
我挨着他坐下,把手放在他的胳膊上,
We sat together,silently.
就这样并排静静地坐着。
I knew that Will loved that boy of his—red-haired,bright as a new penny,
我知道威尔很疼爱这个儿子——他长着红色闪着光泽的头发,聪明伶俐、
full of life.Just like his father.
生气勃勃,很像他父亲。

莎翁经典

经过磨难的好事,会显得分外甘甜。《鲁克丽丝受辱记》

分享到