BEC初级真题第5辑精听:Test2-Part Four(2)
日期:2015-12-29 19:01

(单词翻译:单击)

Woman:Can we talk also about the factory workers, pay?

我们能谈谈工厂工人的工资吗?
As you know, it's quite unusual for companies to pay staff every week now, and it makes more work for the finance department.
如你所知,现在公司员工工资周结,这使得财务部的工作更加繁重。
So, that's why we want to give them their wages every two weeks.
这就是为什么我们想每两周发工资的原因。
We hope it's not a problem.
我们希望这不是问题。
I mean, it's not like the office staff they're only paid once a month.
我的意思是,这和办公室员工工资月结不同。
Man:Well, I read the memo about it and I've spoken to a lot of the factory workers.
我读了备注,和很多工厂工人谈过。
I thought they'd complain very strongly, but in fact they're very positive about this proposal.
我原以为他们会有很强烈的抱怨情绪,但实际上他们对这个提议非常积极。
Woman:That's good to hear. We certainly have no plans to change the method of payment, just how often we pay them.
这是个好消息。我们的支付方式没有改变,变的是支付频率。
Man:I've also spoken to staff about the Managing Director's proposal to provide some extra facilities for company workers.
我还和员工们谈到了总经理为公司员工提供额外设施的建议。
A sports centre was mentioned quite a lot, you know, squash courts, gymnasium, that kind of thing.
体育中心,比如壁球场,体育馆等等提的最多。
Woman:So they want to keep fit at lunchtimes!
所以他们想在午餐时间锻炼!
Man:Not really. In fact, most people just want to relax at lunchtimes.
不完全是。事实上,大多数人只是想在午餐时间放松一下。
No, they were thinking they could use it on Saturdays and Sundays with their families.
不,他们想周六和周日可以和家人一起使用。
Woman:Mm, yes. Although the MD isn't keen on a sports centre.
嗯,是的。尽管总经理不喜欢体育中心。
Man:Was he thinking of something cheaper?
他在想买便宜点的吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • complainvi. 抱怨,悲叹,控诉
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • paymentn. 支付,付款,报偿,报应
  • keenadj. 锋利的,敏锐的,强烈的,精明的,热衷的
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演
  • unusualadj. 不平常的,异常的