2017年英语专业八级真题听力 Interview(1)
日期:2017-11-15 15:38

(单词翻译:单击)

M: Good evening, everybody. Despite new promise of aid, international leaders provided disheartening assessments of the current battle against Ebola. The head of the World Bank said the international community—community had "failed miserably" in its initial response. The director of the Center for disease control said the situation reminded him of the early days of the AIDS epidemic. We get our own assessment from one of the few nongovernmental groups treating patients in West Africa. International Medical Corps has built a treatment clinic in Liberia and is constructing other facilities in both Liberia and Sierra Leone. Its president and CEO, Mary Johnson, joins me now. Thank you for joining us.
男:虽然一直有国家做出援助承诺,许多国际领导者还是对当前抗击埃博拉的努力做出负面评价。世界银行行长说,国际社会在最初反应方面“惨败”。疾病控制中心的主任说,这种情况让他想起了抗击艾滋病的最初阶段。有几个非政府组织在西非治疗病人,我们从它们那里得到了评估。国际医疗队在利比里亚建立了一个治疗诊所,目前正在利比里亚和塞拉利昂建设其他机构。我身旁这位是国际医疗队总裁兼首席执行官玛丽·约翰逊。谢谢你参加我们的节目。
W: Thank you, Jack.
女:谢谢你,杰克。
M: How many beds, how many facilities, how many people would you say that you're engaged in treating now?
男:当前的治疗中,你们投入了多少床位、机构以及医护人员?
W: OK, So, in Liberia, International Medical Corps opened up a 70-bed hospital—or actually we call it a treatment unit. We opened that up in mid-September. We are scaling up and we will be opening up another treatment unit in Sierra Leone. In Liberia, we have about 200 people working in this treatment unit, trying to contain it, as well as treating people who have Ebola, With the hopes that they will recover, and they are recovering when they receive treatment.
女:好吧,国际医疗队在利比里亚开了一家70个床位的医院,实际上我们称之为诊疗中心。是在9月中旬开的。我们正在扩大规模,将在塞拉利昂再开一家诊疗中心。在利比里亚,我们有大约200人在这个诊疗中心工作,试图控制埃博拉病毒,同时为病人提供治疗,希望他们能康复,其实开始治疗后他们就在康复了。
M: Do you have any sense that the progress of this disease is being—is slowing?
男:你觉得这种疾病的发展速度有没有放缓?
W: Well, let me say that it's clear that efforts, like ours' and other organization's, are working. When there are treatment efforts, when there are health care workers to treat patients as they come in—I mean, our first patients that arrived to our treatment unit, they died at the doorstep. But now we see that patients are recovering, and they are returning back to their families. So any efforts around treatment and containment are working. The problem and the challenge is that there are just not enough operational efforts on the ground. That's the challenge.
女:嗯,让我说的话,很明显,我们这些组织的努力初见成效。我们努力提供医疗服务,病人来就诊时,能马上得到医护人员的救治。我们的第一批病人刚刚来到我们的诊疗中心,就不幸去世了。但现在我们可以看到病人正在康复,陆续出院。因此,治疗和遏制方面的努力都在发挥作用。问题和挑战在于,当地没有足够的运转力量。这是一个挑战。
M: Is that because a lack of international action or nongovernmental action, or is it because the infrastructure in these communities is so difficult that even if you sent them 10 pop-up hospitals, they couldn't build them?
男:是因为国际行动或非政府行动不足,还是因为这些社区的基础设施非常落后,即使你给他们送去10家临时医院,他们也无法经营?
W: OK. Well, it's a number of factors. One certainly, the health care infrastructure are very weak in West Africa, under-resourced. They don't have enough health workers. That's one thing. The second thing is the spread wasn't contained more quickly some months ago. International donors are stepping up. In fact, our treatment unit in Liberia was made possible from a grant from US AID's Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance. It took 5 million to open that up and about a million a month. So, part of it is that the resources need to be there, but also people are really afraid. They are afraid to provide treatment because they also need to keep their own health workers safe. And so one of the things that we have done is we have said to other community health people as well as other international NGOs, we will provide case management protocol training. We will train their workers so that they can open up more treatment facilities. The problem we have now is that the disease and the outbreak is being—is outpacing the operational efforts on the ground. There are a lot of plans in place, by the way, to change that, and we're still within that window.
女:好吧。有很多因素。第一,在西非,卫生保健基础设施非常薄弱,资源不足。这里缺少卫生工作者。这是其一。还有,病毒几个月前没有受到快速遏制。国际捐助者正在加紧行动。事实上,我们在利比里亚的诊疗中心是由美国国际开发署的外国灾难援助办公室提供的。开张需要500万,日常经营每月大约需要100万。所以,目前的问题是资源需要就位,而人们的恐惧也是一个问题。他们害怕提供治疗,因为他们也需要保护自己的医护人员。所以我们告诉其他社区卫生人员以及其他国际非政府组织,我们将提供病例管理制度培训。我们将为这些工作人员提供培训,以便他们能开放更多的治疗机构。我们现在面临的问题是疾病和疫情的爆发速度正在超过当地抗击病毒的速度。顺便说一下,要改变这种局面,有很多计划已经就位,而我们还有机会。
M: Well, Mary, thank you very much for staying with us today.
男:玛丽,非常感谢你今天来到这里。
W: You're welcome.
女:不客气。
Questions 1 to 5 are based on what you have just heard.
请根据刚才听到的内容,回答第1题至第5题。
Q1: What is international leaders' assessment of the current battle against Ebola?
问:国际领导人对当前抗击埃博拉疫情行动的评价是什么?
Q2: How many people are now working in the treatment unit in Liberia?
问:现在有多少人在利比里亚的诊疗中心工作?
Q3: According to Mary, what is the challenge in the battle against Ebola?
问题3:根据玛丽的说法,抗击埃博拉病毒的挑战是什么?
Q4: Why do health workers need case management protocol training?
问4:为什么卫生工作者需要案例管理制度培训?
Q5: What does this interview mainly talk about?
Q5:这次采访主要内容是什么?

分享到