听电影《勇敢的心》学英语第9期:我想娶你
日期:2012-07-12 11:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Sin,I know it was strange of me to invite Murron to ride last night.
我知道昨晚邀茉朗骑马很冒昧。  
Mac Clannough's daughter is another matter.
那是另一回事。  
I've come to fetch you to our meeting.
我们要去开会。  
What kind of meeting?
哪种会?  
The secret kind.
秘密会议。  
Your meetings are a waste of time, Campbell.
会议是无用的,坎贝尔。  
Your father was a fighter and a patriot.
你父亲是位战士,也是位爱国者。  
I know who my father was.
我知道他的为人。  
I came back home to raise crops.
我回家是要种田。  
and, God willing, a family.
成家。  
If I can live in peace, I will.
只要能平安生活,我愿意的。  
You say you want to stay out of the troubles?
你想远离麻烦? 
If you can prove it,you may court my daughter.
如果你能证明,就可以娶茉朗。  
Until you prove it, my answer's no.
在你能证明前,我不同意。  
No?
不同意?
No, Wallace. No.
不同意,华莱士,不。  
Didn't I just prove it?
我刚不是证明了吗?  
No.
没有。 
No.
没有。  
No?
没有?  
Of course, running a farm's a lot of work.
农事很繁忙的。  
but that will all change when my sons arrive.
但是等我两个儿子来临时就会改变。  
So you've got children?
你有小孩?
Oh, not yet,but I was hoping.
还没,但是我希望。  
that you could help me with that..
你能帮我。  
So you want me to marry you, then?
你要我嫁给你? 
Well, it's a bit sudden, but all right.
是有点突然,但可以的。
Is that what you call a proposal?
你这算是求婚?
I love you. Always have.
我爱你,一直爱你。  
I want to marry you.
我想娶你。

妙语佳句
1.I've come to fetch you to our meeting.
我们要去开会。
fetch
vt. 取来;接来;到达;吸引
vi. 拿;取物;卖得
n. 取得;诡计
fetch to
使苏醒;向上风
例如:
Further, the load on the EIS was reduced as profile fetch calls to it were eliminated, being serviced instead from the cache.
此外,EIS 的负载也降低了,因为可以从缓存得到满足,它对配置文件的获取调用减少了。
2.a waste of
浪费…
A Wonderful Waste of Time
消磨好时光
例如:
Nevertheless, I do not think that housework is a waste of time or with negative influence on children.
但是,我不认为做家务是浪费孩子们的时间、或是对他们有什么负面的影响。
Giving unsolicited advice to others—regardless of how much you feel that they need it—is a waste of time and energy.
不管你是如何觉得他们会需要这个建议,给他们未经请求的建议都是浪费时间和精力的事。
3.I know who my father was.
我知道他的为人。
这句是典型的宾语从句,"who my father was"作know的宾语,此处不能表示成"I know who

was my father."
4.raise crops
种植庄稼
例如:
Spanish treated the native American rudely, and focus them to raise crops and cattle.
西班牙粗暴,对待美洲原住民及集中使用它们提高作物和牲畜。
His struggle to improve the colony's conditions succeeded - the colonists learned how to raise crops and trade with the nearby Indians, with whom Smith had made peace.
他的努力成功的提高殖民地生存条件,殖民者学会了如何提高农作物产量,他们和附近的印第安人进行贸易,史密斯为殖民点带来了和平。
5.stay out of
置身于……之外
Stay out of it
你别管
例如:
That the antismoking lobby was out to destroy our way of life and the government should stay out of the way?
反对吸烟的游说活动是要破坏我们的生活方式,而政府对吸烟这件事应该置身事外吗?
But as the months of my son's treatment dragged on, he was able to stay out of the hospital for longer periods.
儿子的治疗挨过了一个月又一个月,他可以出院在外待较长时间了。
考考你:
翻译:
1.在你能证明前,我不同意。
2.但是等我两个儿子来临时就会改变。
上期答案:
1.You're showing off now.
2.You certainly didn't learn any manners.

分享到
重点单词
  • proposaln. 求婚,提议,建议
  • rudelyadv. 无礼地,粗鲁地,粗陋地
  • negativeadj. 否定的,负的,消极的 n. 底片,负数,否定
  • sinn. 原罪 v. 犯罪,违反(教规)
  • cattlen. 牛,家畜,畜牲
  • patriotn. 爱国者
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的
  • neverthelessadv. 仍然,不过 conj. 然而,不过
  • colonyn. 殖民地,侨民,侨居地,聚居(地), 群体,菌落