(单词翻译:单击)
Opening a Personal Checking Account
开立个人支票帐户
John Smith is opening a personal checking account at the National City Bank .
约翰·史密斯正在国家城市银行开立个人支票帐户。
Clerk:May I help you ,sir?
职员:我能为您做什么,先生?
Smith :Yes,please .I'd like to open a personal checking account .
史密斯:谢谢!我想开立一个个人支票帐户。
C:Yes,sir .Do you want a regular or a special checking account ?
职员:好的,先生。您想开立普通的还是特殊的支票帐户?
S:I'm not sure what the difference is .
史密斯:我不太清楚它们有什么区别。
C:Special accounts are more economical if you think you'll write fewer than 15 checks each month .
职员:如果您认为您每月开支票少于15张,那么特殊帐户更为经济。
S:I probably won't write many ,just a few checks each month for shopping and paying some bills.
史密斯:我可能不会开那么多张支票,一个月只需几张支票买东西和支付一些帐单就可以了。
C:I think the special account will be best ,then .
职员:我想那您最好是使用特殊支票,
There's no minimum balance required and the service charge is only 20 cents for each check you write .
它没有最小存款余额的限制,而且您开出的每张支票只收取20美分手续费。
S:Yes,I think that's what I need.Can I open the account with this check ?It's my payroll check from my company .
史密斯:好的,我看这正是我所需要的。我可以开这种支票账户吗?这是我所在公司的工资支票。
C:Yes,of course .We'll take your payroll check for $237.00 as your initial deposit .
职员:当然可以,我们将把您的工资237美元作为您的第一笔存款。
Will you please fill out this signature card with your name,address,and occupation ?
请您在这张签名卡片上填写您的姓名、住址和职业。
I'll get a receipt and a checkbook for you while you're completing these forms.
您填写这张卡片时,我来为您准备收据和支票。
S:Can I get my name printed on the checks?
史密斯:可以把我的姓名印在支票上吗?
C:Yes,of course .We offer free personalized checks to all our customers .
职员:当然可以,我们对这里所有顾客免费提供个人支票。
If you would like your address printed on your checks,too,we can do that for a nominal charge .
如果您愿意把您的住址也印在支票上,我们可以照办,为此需收取少许费用。
S:I think I'll just take the free ones.I can always write my address on the checks myself .
史密斯:看来我还选择免费支票,自己把住址写在支票上吧。