(单词翻译:单击)
New Words
新单词
load
v.n.载货,货物
lorry
n 运货大卡车
hi-jack
v.劫
write-offs
n.废物
gang
n.一群坏人
brake
n.刹车
steep
adj.陡峭的(损失)
cover.
v.被赔偿(损失)
blanket
adj.全套的
underwrite
v.承保
jam
v.挤碎
salvage
v.抢救
repaint
v 重新油漆
dent
n.凹处
Phrases & Expressions
短语
vehicle insurer
车辆保险局
filing cabinet
文件柜
firm of adjusters
调解人公司,估价公司
make the claim
提出索赔要求
W:Good morning, Mr. Martin. Are you looking for me?
怀:早上好,马丁先生,您找我吗?
M:Yes. Have you heard any more about our lorries?
马:是的。我们的货车有什么新消息吗?
W:Yes. The vehicle insurances say the lorries are complete writeoffs.
怀:有的,车辆保险局说两辆货车完全没用了。
The gang took the brakes off and let them go over the side of a steep hill.
那伙歹徒把刹车卸掉,让车从悬崖上滑下去。
M:I hope we are covered all right.
马:我希望保险索赔没问题。
W:Yes, we are.
怀:没问题。
M:What about our office desks and filing cabinets in the lorries?
马:那我们货车上的办公桌和文件柜呢?
W:Well, now, apparently, the insurance of the load is not so simple.
怀:嗯,现在,很明显,车上货物的索赔可不那么简单。
I informed our insurance brokers as soon as the theft was reported.
我一知道劫车的事就通知了我们的保险经纪人。
As you know, all goods delivered for us within the country are covered by a blanket insurance policy.
您知道,所有在国内运输的货物,我们都保了综合险。
M:Who underwrote the policy? Lloyds, wasn't it?
马:向谁保险,是劳埃德保险公司吧?
W:Yes, we are insured with a syndicate of Lloyds underwriters.
怀:是的,一家劳埃德联合企业,
Someone from a firm of adjusters is going up to inspect the damaged goods tomorrow and give an opinion about their values.
调解公司要派一个人明天察看车上受损的货物,好报一个索赔数。
M:Well... What's the problem? They won't make any difficulty about paying up, surely?
马:噢...有什么问题吗?他们不会不乐意赔偿吧?
W:Well, it could be difficult. Our insurers seem to think the desks and chairs may not be too badly damaged.
怀:可能有点儿困难。我们的保险商似乎认为那些桌椅损伤得不厉害。
M:I think someome from the factory ought to go up and give us an opinion of the damage.
马:我认为我们该派个人去,看看东西受损程度如何。
I'd like to go up there and have a look.
我还是自己去看看吧。
G:So your factory is making the claim?
格:那么是你们厂要求保险赔偿的?
M:Well, let's have a look. I was warned the lorry doors might have been jammed.
马:是的,我们看看吧。有人告诉我们都被压瘪了。
G:I don't think these filing cabinets are too badly damaged.
格:我认为这些文件柜坏得不是很厉害。
I think it should be possible to salvage the lot.
其中大部分都可以修修再用。
These dents could be quite easily knocked out, and these desks could be repainted.
这些凸出来的地方可以轻而易举的敲掉,还有这些桌子可以再漆一遍。
M:Oh, I don't think I agree, Mr. Green. Look at this chair,
马:噢,我不赞成您这么说,格林先生。看看这把椅子,
it's a complete write-off. We would never be able to repair that.
完全都不能用了,我们怎么也不可能修好它了。
And the filing cabinets. Look at them. They must have been under water for some time.
还有这些文件柜。看看吧,它们肯定泡在水里好一阵子了,
They would have to be stripped down and completely repainted.
得把老面全部刮掉,完全重新漆一遍。
G:H'm, well, I think I might recommend payment of... seventy-five percent of the insured value.
格:嗯,,这样,我想我可能会建议赔偿----保险价值的75%。