(单词翻译:单击)
New Words
新单词
remittance n.
汇款
proceeds n.
收款,款项
deduct v.
减去
notify v.
通知
endorse v.
在支票背面签名,即背书
Phrases & Expressions
短语
telegraphic transfer
电汇
correspondent relationship
往来业务的关系
C:May I help you, sir?
职员:先生,有什么需要我帮助的吗?
N:Yes, please. My friend in New York sent me a check for five hundred dollars.
顾客:有。我朋友从纽约汇来一张500美元的支票,
I would like to cash it for Renminbi.
我想兑现成人民币。
C:Let me have a look.
C:让我看一看这张支票。
N:Here you are.
N:请看。
C:This check is drawn on a bank in New York, it will take about ten days to clear.
C:这张支票是由纽约某一家银行签发的,大概需要十天我们才可以同他们联系妥当。
N:You mean I won't get the money for ten more days?
N:你是说我在十天之内还拿不到现钱?
C:Yes. First, we have to send the check to New York to collect the funds.
C:是的。首先我们要把这张支票邮到纽约把这笔款项转过来。
N:Then can you pay me in yuan?
顾客:那么我在这里能不能取到人民币呢?
C:Yes, we will change the proceeds to yuan for you, but we will deduct a service charge from the amount.
职员:能。我们可以把转来的美元为你兑换成人民币,但我们要在数内扣除为你联系转款的服务费。
N:May I get the money as soon as possible?
顾客:我能不能尽快拿到这笔款子?
C:We can ask for a cable remittance from New York if you like.
职员:假如你愿意的话我们请他们用电报汇款过来,
Then we can cash it for you quickly,
然后我们可以尽快给你这笔款子,
but you would have to pay the charge for the cable. The charge will be high.
可是你得支付电报联系费用,这费用也是很高的。
N:No, I'd better wait. Will you notify me when you receive the money?
顾客:不,我还是等等吧。你们能否在汇来这笔款子之后通知我来取?
C:Yes, we'll call you. Will you please endorse the check on the back and give us your address and phone number.
职员:行,我们会通知你的。请你在支票背面写上你的地址和电话号码。
Here is a foreign remittance form. Please fill it out.
这一种国外汇来款项的表格,请你填一下。
N:By the way, would you please tell me what I should do to have funds transferred to me here from my friend in Paris.
顾客:顺便再问一声,请你告诉我,在巴黎我的一位朋友要给我汇一笔款子,我该怎么办?
C:The fastest way is by telegraphic transfer from your friend's bank in Paris.
职员:最快的办法是请你的朋友在巴黎银行用电汇。
N:If he sends me a check, what should I do?
顾客:假如他也邮给我一张支票,那我该怎么办?
C:We can handle this, but it will take about 10 days for the money to clear.
职员:我们可以办理,但也得需要10天才能联系清楚。
If you ask your friend to apply for a check drawn on the Bank of China, we can cash it right away.
假如你让你的朋友使用由我们中国银行支付的支票,那我们这里马上可以给你兑换现金。
N:What is the difference?
顾客:这有什么差别?
C:We have a correspondent relationship with Paris Bank,
职员:我们中国银行同巴黎银行平时有往来业务联系。
as we maintain a correspondent relationship with most of the large banks in America or in London.
同时也同在美国或伦敦的大银行都有同样的业务联系。
N:I see. I'd better write and ask my friend to do as you say.
顾客:我明白了,我得给我朋友写信让他照你说的做。
C:Then you will have no problem at all.
职员:对,这样的话你来取款会很顺利。
N:Many thanks for the information!
顾客:多谢你对我的帮助!
C:You're welcome.
职员:欢迎你再来。