美文故事之找谁倚靠 第22期:你可以让每一个人开心
日期:2014-01-07 17:32

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

You can please everybody
你可以让每一个人开心
Peter's uncle lived in the country.
彼得的叔叔住在乡下。
Once Peter went to stay with him for a few weeks.
彼得有一次和他叔叔在一起住了段时间。
Whenever they went for a walk or for a drive in the car and they passed somebody, his uncle waved.
当他们出去散步或者开车经过路人时,他的叔叔都会挥手。
Peter was surprised and said, Uncle George, you know everybody here.Where did you meet them all?
Peter很吃惊,便说:George叔叔,你认识这里的每一个人吗,你在哪里认识他们所有人的?
I don't know all these people, said his uncle.
我并不认识这里所有的人,他叔叔说。

Then why do you wave to them? asked Peter.
那你为什么跟他们挥手呢?彼得问到。
Well, Peter, answered his uncle, when I wave to someone and he knows me, he is pleased.
嗯,Peter,他叔叔回答,当我向认识我的人招手时,他会很高兴。
He continues his journey with a happier heart.
他就能怀着开心的心继续他的旅途。
But when I wave to someone and he doesn't know me, he is surprised and says to himself, ‘Who's that man? Why did he wave to me?'
但当我向不认识我的人挥手时,他会很吃惊并且问自己‘那个人是谁?为什么他向我挥手呢?
So he has something to think about during the rest of his journey,and that makes his journey seem shorter.
那样他剩余的旅途就有事情可想,那可以是他的旅途看上去变短了。
So I made everybody happy.
所以我可以让每一个人开心。
词语解释

1.stay with 在…家里作客,继续为…工作

Why can't I stay with sarah?
为什么我不能和莎拉在一起?

She has to stay with us.
她必须和我们在一起。

2.think about 考虑…;捉摸…

Leave her to think about what you said.
让她自己考虑你说的话吧。

You know what I think about?
你知道我在想甚么?

分享到