看电影学英语《社交网络》第27期:我们的新版图
日期:2015-01-15 14:46

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏



Okay, we are expanding to Yale and Columbia.

我们要将网站规模 扩大到耶鲁和哥伦比亚

Dustin, I want you to share the coding work with me.

达斯汀,你和我一起负责编码工作

Chris, you're gonna be in charge of publicity and outreach,

克里斯,你负责宣传和外联

and you could start by getting a story in the BU student newspaper.

你先写篇文章登到波士顿学生报上去

It's The Bridge.

那报纸叫学生之桥

They hate doing stories about Harvard.

他们讨厌登哈佛的文章

Somebody at the newspaper will be a computer science major.

那报社里肯定有主修电脑的

Tell them that Mark Zuckerberg will do 10 hours of free programing.

告诉他们马克扎克伯格 可以免费给他们做10小时编程

Why do you want a story in the BU newspaper?

干嘛要在波士顿的报纸上登?

Because I do. Now here's the arrangement.

我就是要,我来安排每个人的任务

Eduardo is CFO and owns 30% of the company.

爱德华多是首席财务官 拥有公司30%股份

Dustin is vice president and head of programing,

达斯汀是副主席主要负责编程

and his 5% of the company will come from my end.

从我的那部分里划5%股份给他

Chris is director of publicity,

克里斯负责公关

and his compensation will depend on how much work he ends up doing.

根据业绩提成

Any questions?

有问题吗?

Who are the girls? - Sorry. They're Christy and Alice.

她们是谁? - 这是克莉斯汀,还有爱丽丝

Hi. - Hi.

你好 - 你好

Hello. - Hi.

你好 - 嗨

Is there anything we can do?

需要我们帮忙吗?

No, that's it.

不用了

Yale and Columbia, let's go. - And Stanford.

耶鲁,哥伦比亚,行动吧 - 还有斯坦福

What? - Stanford.

什么? - 斯坦福

It's time for them to see this in Palo Alto.

是时候让他们看看了

You don't want any lunch?

你不吃午饭吗?

No.

不吃

You're welcome to some salad.

来点沙拉吧

No, thank you.

不了,谢谢

This must be hard.

你肯定不好受吧

Who are you?

你是谁?

I'm Marylin Delpy. I introduced myself when we first...

我叫玛丽莲德尔比 上次见面时我介绍过自己

I mean, what do you do?

我的意思是,你是做什么的?

I'm a second-year associate at the firm.

我在公司做了两年助理

My boss wanted me to sit in on the deposition phase.

老板让我来参与听证

What are you doing?

你在干嘛?

Checking in to see how it's going in Bosnia.

看看波斯尼亚的新闻

Bosnia.

波斯尼亚

They don't have roads, but they have Facebook.

那儿连路都不通却能上脸谱网

You must really hate the Winklevosses.

你一定恨死文氏兄弟了

I don't hate anybody.

我谁都不恨

The Winklevi aren't suing me for intellectual property theft.

文氏兄弟告我 不是因为我侵犯知识产权

They are suing me because for the first time in their lives,

他们生来要风得风要雨得雨

things didn't work out the way they were supposed to for them.

但这一次不一样了 这就是他们告我的原因


重点解析

重点讲解:

outreach

vt. 超越,伸出;超出…的范围

vi. 拓广,延伸

n. 延伸,拓广;扩大服务范围

Once you identify this as your mission, you save a lot of time and frustration in your outreach.

一旦你将这个作为你的使命,在拓展时你就会省下许多时间,也不会那么沮丧。

vice

n. 恶习;缺点;

prep. 代替

vt. 钳住

adj. 副的;代替的

The demand for certainty is one which is natural to man, but is nevertheless an intellectual vice.

对确定性的渴求是人类的一种自然需求,然而它也是一种理智的恶习。

intellectual

adj. 智力的;聪明的;理智的

n. 知识分子;凭理智做事者

Newton was an intellectual giant.

牛顿是一个智力巨人。

分享到
重点单词
  • frustrationn. 挫折,令人沮丧的东西
  • publicityn. 公众的注意,宣传,宣扬,宣传品,广告
  • identifyvt. 识别,认明,鉴定 vi. 认同,感同身受
  • expanding扩展的,扩充的
  • certaintyn. 确定,确实的事情
  • intellectualn. 知识份子,凭理智做事者 adj. 智力的,聪明的
  • neverthelessadv. 仍然,不过 conj. 然而,不过
  • arrangementn. 安排,商议,整理,布置,商定,[音]改编,改编曲
  • associaten. 同伴,伙伴,合伙人 n. 准学士学位获得者 vt.
  • propertyn. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具