看电影学英语《社交网络》第21期:我们要不要起诉他
日期:2014-11-18 18:23

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏



All right. Yes, that's what we'll do, Mr. Hotchkiss.

好的,我们知道怎么做,霍奇基斯先生

We'll put all this together and we'll e-mail it to you.

我们会把这些打包发邮件给你

Well, you won't be able to go on the website yourself.

你上不了这个网站

Because you don't have a Harvard...

因为你没有哈佛内部地址…

You know what, it would just be easier for us to e-mail it to you.

总之我们发邮件给你会更方便

I'm sure you're right.

你说的很对

He's a good guy and he's very bright and I'm sure he didn't mean to do... Wow. ...what he did.

他人不错也很聪明 我想他不是故意这样做的…

All right, thank you very much. And, Dad...

好的,非常感谢你,还有,爸爸…

All right, love you, too.

好的,我们也爱你

- This is a good guy? - We don't know that he's not a good guy.

- 他人不错? - 我们不了解他,他不一定是坏人

We know he stole our idea.

但他盗用了我们的创意

We know he lied to our faces for a month and a half.

他骗了我们整整一个半月

- No, he never lied to our faces. - Okay, he never saw our faces.

- 他没有当面撒谎骗我们 - 那是因为他根本不见我们

Fine, he lied to our e-mail accounts and he gave himself a 42-day head start,

好吧,他在邮件里撒谎 给自己争取到了42天的时间

because he knows what apparently you don't,

先下手为强

which is that getting there first is everything.

显然他比你更懂得这一点

I'm a competitive racer, Div.

我是竞技运动员,迪夫

I don't think you need to school me in the importance of getting there first. Thank you.

不需要你教我什么是先下手为强,谢谢

- That was your father's lawyer? - It was his in-house counsel.

- 刚才是你父亲的律师? - 他是家庭法律顾问

He's gonna look at all this and if he thinks it's appropriate

他会看一下所有材料 如果他认为合适的话

he'll send a cease-and-desist letter.

他会发一封制止令

What's that gonna do?

那有什么用?

What, do you wanna hire an IP lawyer and sue him?

怎么,你还想请律师告他侵权?

No, I wanna hire the Sopranos to beat the shit out of him with a hammer.

不,我想请个女高音用麦克风砸死他

- We don't even have to do that. - That's right.

- 没必要这么做 - 是的

We could do that ourselves. I'm 6'5", 220, and there's two of me.

我们自己动手好了,我1米98,200斤 这里有两个一模一样的我

- I'm with this guy. - Well, whatever.

- 我支持你 - 随便你们吧

I'm saying, let's calm down until we know what we're talking about.

我说在事情查清楚之前 我们还是冷静些吧

How much more information are you waiting for?

还要查什么?

We met with Mark three times, we exchanged 52 e-mails,

我们和马克见过三次面 交换了52封邮件

we can prove that he looked at the code.

我们足以证明他看过代码

- What is that on the bottom of the page? - It says "A Mark Zuckerberg production.

- 页脚怎么写的? - 上面写着马克扎克伯格出品

- On the home page? - On every page.

- 在首页? - 在每一页

Shit, I need a second to let the classiness waft over me.

见鬼,我要去透透气

Okay, look, we don't know...

好了,听着,我们还不知道…

Cam, they wrote, "Zuckerberg said he hoped the privacy options

卡梅伦,这里写道 扎克伯格说希望隐私选项

"would help restore his reputation

可以让大家对面挑网的事既往不咎

"following student outrage over facemash.com.

从而恢复他的名誉

That's exactly what we said to him. He's giving us the finger in The Crimson.

我们当时就是这么和他说的 他在校报上赤裸裸的讽刺我们

While we're waiting for Dad's lawyer to look this stuff over,

在等爸爸的律师看材料的时候

we can at least get something going in the paper so people know...

至少我们可以登报让大家知道…

- What? - ...that this is in dispute.

- 知道什么? - 知道这个网站存在争议

We're not starting a knife fight in The Crimson.

别动不动就要动刀动枪

And we're not suing anybody.

我们也不会告任何人

Why not?

为什么不?

I don't understand, I don't understand. Why not?

我不懂,我不懂,为什么?

He's gonna say it's stupid.

他会说这很愚蠢

What, who, me?

什么,谁,我?

Say it. Why not?

说啊,为什么?

Because we're gentlemen of Harvard.

因为我们在哈佛有头有脸

This is Harvard, where you don't plant stories and you don't sue people.

这是哈佛 不是你随便乱说随便告人的地方

You thought he was gonna be the only one who thought that was stupid?

他不是唯一一个觉得你很愚蠢的人


重点解析

重点讲解:

counsel

n. 法律顾问;忠告;商议;讨论;决策

vt. 建议;劝告

vi. 商讨;提出忠告

He had always been able to count on her wise counsel.

他总是能够指望她明智的忠告。

hammer

vi. 锤击;敲打;重复

n. 铁锤;链球;锤骨;音锤

vt. 锤击;锤打

He used a hammer and chisel to chip away at the wall.

他用锤子和凿子将墙壁一点点凿掉。

crimson

n. 深红色

adj. 深红色的

vt. 使变为深红色;脸红

And the marvellous rose became crimson, like the rose of the eastern sky.

那奇迹的玫瑰变成了深红色,就像东方升起的太阳。

privacy

n. 隐私;秘密;隐居;

Privacy is the right of all.

隐私权就是所有的权利。


分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • disputev. 争论,争议,辩驳,质疑 n. 争论,争吵,争端
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • outragen. 暴行,侮辱,愤怒 vt. 凌辱,激怒
  • privacyn. 隐私,隐居,秘密
  • counseln. 商议,忠告,法律顾问 v. 商议,劝告
  • reputationn. 声誉,好名声
  • hammern. 锤,榔头 vi. 锤击,反复敲打 vt. 锤打,严
  • appropriateadj. 适当的,相称的 vt. 拨出(款项); 占用
  • competitiveadj. 竞争的,比赛的