看电影学英语《社交网络》第1期:酒吧约会
日期:2014-05-12 08:15

(单词翻译:单击)

剧本欣赏


Did you know there are more people with genius IQs living in China
你知道吗 中国人里面拥有超高智商的人...
than there are people of any kind living in the United States?
...要比美国任何一个种族的人都多?
That can't possibly be true. It is.
这大概不是真的吧 确实是真的
What would account for that?
能说明什么呢?
Well, first, an awful lot of people live in China, but here's my question.
首先 中国有相当一大批人 不过 这我就要问了
How do you distinguish yourself in a population of people
你怎么区别自己跟
who all got 1600 on their SATs?
那些在SAT中拿了1600分的人呢?
I didn't know they take SATs in China. They don't.
我不知道中国也要考SAT啊 他们不考
I wasn't talking about China anymore, I was talking about me.
我可没在说中国的问题了 我说我自己呢
You got a 1600?
你考了1600分?
Yes. I could sing in an a cappella group, but I can't sing.
是啊 我还能在无伴奏合唱团里 唱歌呢 只不过我五音不全而已
Does that mean you actually got nothing wrong?
你是在说你一道题都没错吗?
I could row crew or invent a $25 PC.
我会划团体赛艇 还能发明只需要25美元的电脑
Or you could get into a final club.
那你加入"终极俱乐部"了吗?
Or I get into a final club.
那我就加入"终极俱乐部"了
You know, from a woman's perspective,
你知道吗 从女性的角度来说...
sometimes not singing in an a cappella group is a good thing.
有些时候吧 没在无伴奏合唱团唱歌也不错
This is serious.
我说真的呢
On the other hand, I do like guys who row crew.
不过话说回来 我喜欢划赛艇的男孩子
Well, I can't do that.
好吧 我不会划
I was kidding.
我开玩笑呢
And, yes, I got nothing wrong on the test.
确实 我考试一道题都没错
Have you ever tried? I'm trying right now.
你尝试过吗? 我正在试啊
To row crew? To get into a final club.
试着划赛艇? 加入"终极俱乐部"
To row crew? No. Are you, like, whatever, delusional?
划赛艇?不! 你是不是有点儿...妄想症之类的?
Maybe it's just sometimes you say two things at once.
可能吧 有时候你一下子说两件事
I'm not sure which one I'm supposed to be aiming at.
我不知道我应该接哪一句才好...
But you've seen guys who row crew, right?
不过你看过他们划赛艇 没错吧?
No.
没有
Okay, well, they're bigger than me. They're worldclass athletes.
好吧 他们比我块头大 就是那些世界级的运动员
And a second ago, you said you like guys who row crew
刚才你还说喜欢划赛艇的男孩子
so I assumed you had met one.
所以我才假设你见过
I guess I just meant I like the idea of it. You know, the way a girl likes cowboys.
我想我的意思是说那种感觉 就好像女孩子喜欢牛仔那种感觉.
Okay.
好吧

重点解析

重点讲解:

account for
对…负有责任;对…做出解释;说明……的原因;导致;(比例)占
Computers account for 5% of the country's commercial electricity consumption.
电脑占了这个国家商业用电的5%。
The gene they discovered today doesn't account for all those cases.
他们今天发现的那种基因解释不了所有的那些情况。
The really heavy costs have been accounted for.
这些确实巨大的花费已被列入预算。
distinguish
vt. 区分;辨别;使杰出,使表现突出
vi. 区别,区分;辨别
Research suggests that babies learn to see by distinguishing between areas of light and dark.
研究显示婴儿是通过区分明亮区域和黑暗区域来学会观看的
Over the next few years he distinguished himself as a leading constitutional scholar.
在随后的几年中,他作为宪法学的权威学者而享有盛誉。
perspective
n. 观点;远景;透视图
adj. 透视的
He says the death of his father 18 months ago has given him a new perspective on life.
他说18个月前他父亲的去世使他对人生产生了新的看法。
I let things get out of perspective.
我没能正确地看待事物。

美国文化:

SAT测验(中国大陆俗称“美国高考”),前称学术能力测验(Scholastic Aptitude Test)和学术评估测试(Scholastic Assessment Test),是由美国大学委员会委托美国教育测验服务社定期举办的测验,做为美国各大学申请入学的重要参考条件之一。第一次考试于1926年举办。

SAT测验分为SAT推理测验(SAT Reasoning Test,旧称SAT I)和SAT学科测验(SAT Subject Test,旧称SAT II)。目前的SAT I为2005年版,耗时3小时45分钟,费用$50 (国际生源$81,不计迟到费)。总成绩分值为600 - 2400分,由三个800分部分组成(数学、批判性阅读、写作)组成。参加SAT或ACT考试是许多,但不是全部美国大学的录取要求



分享到
重点单词
  • populationn. 人口 ,(全体)居民,人数
  • genen. 基因
  • constitutionaladj. 宪法的,合乎宪法的,体质的,组成的 n. 散步
  • assumedadj. 假装的;假定的
  • commercialadj. 商业的 n. 商业广告
  • reasoningn. 推论,推理,论证
  • distinguishvt. 区别,辨认,使显著
  • aptituden. 才能,资质
  • rown. 排,船游,吵闹 vt. 划船,成排 vi. 划船,
  • perspectiven. 远景,看法,透视 adj. 透视的