有声读物《远大前程》 第32期:第5章 匹普的姐姐被袭击(2)
日期:2014-01-17 16:08

(单词翻译:单击)

Joe,do you think I should visit Miss Havisham again?
乔,你想我应该再去拜访郝薇香小姐了吧?
Well,Pip,said Joe,will she think you expect her to give you something?
喂,匹普,乔说,她会认为你又期望她给你东西吗?
She told me she wouldn't give you any-thing else.'
她告诉过我,她不会再给你任何东西。
But,Joe, I've been apprenticed nearly a year now,and I've never thanked her!
可是,乔,现在我当徒弟快一年了,我还从没有感谢她!
That's true,Pip,'said Joe slowly.
这的确是,匹普,乔慢慢地说。
Could you give me a half day's holiday tomorrow,Joe? I would like to visit Miss Est-Havisham.
明天你能给我半天假吗,乔?我想去看望艾丝黛拉——郝薇香小姐。
Her name isn't Estavisham,as far as I know,Pip,said Joe very seriously.
就我所知,她的名字不是艾丝黛薇香,匹普。乔十分严肃地说。
I know,Joe!Please,Joe!
我知道,乔!求你啦,乔!
All right,Pip,but if she isn't happy to see you, better not go again.
好,好,匹普,不过,如果她见到你不高兴,最好别再去。
Joe had another blacksmith working for him at the forge.
在铁匠铺里,乔还有另一名铁匠帮他干活,
His name was Orlick,and he had no friends or family in the village.
他的名字叫奥立克,他在村里既没有家也没有朋友。
He was a big,strong,lazy man,who moved about in a strangely unhurried way,his shoulders bent and his eyes on the ground.
他个头很大、很强壮,是一个懒惰的家伙,他走起路来躬着腰、瞅着地,吊儿郎当的样子。
For some reason he never liked me,even when I was a child, and when I became Joe's apprentice,he seemed to hate me.
不知什么原因,他从来不喜欢我,甚至我还是一个小孩子时,他就当了乔的徒弟,那时他好像就恨我。
When he heard about my half-day holiday,he threw down his hammer angrily .
当听说我要请半天假时,他生气地扔下手头的锤子。
Come now,master!'he said to Joe. If young Pip 's having a holiday,give me one too!'
喂,师傅!他对乔说,如果给小匹普放假的话,你也必须给我放假!
Well,nodded Joe after thinking for a moment,I will.'
好,乔想了一会儿点点头说,我同意。
Just then my sister,who had secretly been listening outside the forge,called to Joe through one of the windows,You fool!
正在那时,我姐姐在铁匠铺外面隐藏着,所说的话她都听到了。她从一个窗户口对乔喊道,你这个傻瓜!
You think you're a rich man,giving a holiday to a lazy man like that Orlick!I wish I were his master!I'd soon show him!
你认为你是富翁,给像奥立克这样的懒蛋放假!我希望我是他的师傅!我会马上给他个眼色瞧瞧!
You want to be everybody's master!'Orlick told her angrily.And what's more, you're a wicked, ugly,old woman!'
你想当所有人的师傅!奥立克愤怒地告诉她,还有,你是一个恶劣的、丑陋的老女人!

关于《远大前程》

单纯无知的皮普慢慢习惯了伦敦的生活,和小时候打架的赫伯斯成了朋友和室友,从律师那里拿钱挥霍,结识了律师手下的一个官员。

分享到
重点单词
  • bentbend的过去式和过去分词 adj. 下定决心的,弯曲的
  • hammern. 锤,榔头 vi. 锤击,反复敲打 vt. 锤打,严
  • wickedadj. 坏的,邪恶的,缺德的 adv. 极端地,非常地
  • forgevt. 伪造,锻造 vi. 伪造,在铁匠铺工作 n. 锻
  • apprenticen. 学徒 v. 使当学徒