(单词翻译:单击)
LESSON 104
第104课
“O Hattie! I just saw a large rat in the shed; and old Nero tried to catch it.”
“噢,海蒂!我刚刚在车库里看见了一只大老鼠,老尼禄正试图抓到它。”
“Did he catch it, Frank?”
“弗兰克,尼禄抓到它了吗? ”
“No; Nero did not; but the old cat did.”
“没有,尼禄没抓到,但那只老猫抓到了。”
“My cat?”
“我的猫? ”
“No, it was the other one.”
“不,是另一只。”
“Do tell me how she got it, Frank. Did she run after it?”
“弗兰克,你一定得告诉我它是怎么抓到老鼠的。是跟在老鼠后面跑吗?”
“No, that was not the way. Puss was hid on a big box.
“不是,不是这种方法。猫躲在一个大盒子上面。
The rat stole out, and she jumped at it and caught it.”
老鼠偷偷跑出来,猫一下子跳过去,然后抓到了它。”
“Poor rat! It must have been very hungry; it came out to get something to eat.”
“可怜的老鼠!它一定很饿了,所以出来找些东西吃。”
“Why, Hattie, you are not sorry puss got the rat, are you?”
“为什么?海蒂,猫抓住了那只老鼠,你感到很难过,是吗? ”
“No, I can not say I am sorry she got it; but I do not like to see even a rat suffer pain.”
“不,我不能说猫抓到了它我就很难过。但哪怕是一只老鼠遭受不幸,我也不愿意看到。”