我是布莱克(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第55期 布莱克心灰意冷
日期:2017-06-02 07:46

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
Listen, I've gotta go back inside. D'you understand?
我必须回去工作 你明白吗
I don't wanna speak to you any more.
我不想再跟你说话了
And don't show me any more love.
不要再关心我了
Cos you're gonna break me, Dan.
这会让我崩溃的 丹
I don't understand.
我不明白
So what jobs have you actually applied for?
你申请过什么工作
It's a monumental farce, isn't it?
这就是一场无休止的闹剧
You sitting there with your friendly name tag on your chest, Ann,
你坐在那胸前佩戴着友好的名牌"安"
opposite a sick man looking for nonexistent jobs, that I can't take anyway.
对面坐着个病重的老头 申请着并不存在的工作 就算成功也无法上岗
Wasting my time, employers' time, your time.
浪费着我的时间 你的时间 雇主的时间
And all it does is humiliate me, grind me down.
而这一切只是在羞辱我 折磨我
Or is that the point, to get my name off those computers?
或许 这就是你们的意图把我的名字从电脑上抹去
Well, I'm not doing it any more.
我不玩了
I've had enough.
我受够了
I want my date for my appointment for my appeal for Employment and Support.
麻烦帮我预约就业支持津贴申诉面谈
Have you not had that yet? No.
你还没预约上面谈吗 没有
重点讲解

allowance
津贴;补贴;补助
an allowance of $20 a day
每天 20 元补贴
a clothing / living / travel allowance
服装/生活/交通补贴
Do you get an allowance for clothing?
你有服装补贴吗?

appointment with sb
a formal arrangement to meet or visit sb at a particular time, especially for a reason connected with their work
约会;预约;约定
She made an appointment for her son to see the doctor.
她为儿子约定了看医生的时间。
I've got a dental appointment at 3 o'clock.
我约了下午3点看牙医。
an appointment with my lawyer
与我的律师的约定
to keep an appointment
准时赴约
Viewing is by appointment only (= only at a time that has been arranged in advance).
参观必须预约。

humiliate
羞辱;使丧失尊严
I didn't want to humiliate her in front of her colleagues.
我不想当着她同事们的面令她难堪。
I've never felt so humiliated.
我从未感到如此羞辱。
The party was humiliated in the recent elections.
该党在新近的选举中耻辱地失败了。

grind sb down
to treat sb in a cruel unpleasant way over a long period of time, so that they become very unhappy
(长时间)虐待,欺压,折磨(某人)
Don't let them grind you down.
别让他们欺压你。
Years of oppression had ground the people down.
人民年复一年地遭受着压迫。


视频及简介
该片讲述了凯蒂与布莱克的故事。

分享到
重点单词
  • oppressionn. 压抑,沉闷,压迫手段
  • farcen. 闹剧,胡闹,滑稽戏 vt. 添加笑料,填充
  • appealn. 恳求,上诉,吸引力 n. 诉诸裁决 v. 求助,诉
  • unhappyadj. 不快乐的,不高兴的
  • grindvt. 磨,碾碎,挤压,压迫 vi. 磨得吱吱响 n.
  • allowancen. 津贴,零用钱,允许,限额,折扣,允差,考虑
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • unpleasantadj. 使人不愉快的,讨厌的
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • arrangementn. 安排,商议,整理,布置,商定,[音]改编,改编曲