看电影《辛普森一家》学英语第40期:霍默总是做错事情
日期:2013-10-24 19:59

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Not now, sweetie. Doomsday is famiIy time.
现在不行,亲爱的 世界末日要和家人共度
Mom, I've gotta go find CoIin.
妈,我要去找科林
Who'd be dumb enough to stay behind whiIe we escape with our Iives?
谁会傻到不顾自己的性命呢?
My time to shine.
我终于有了用武之地
Hey, Mr. Big TV Man, Iookie here!
嘿,大屏幕人,看我这儿
What do you want?
你想干什么?
Look what I can do with my thumb.
看看我能拿拇指变什么花样
You wanna know how I do it?
想知道我是怎么做到的吗?
Four generations of inbreeding?
家族世世代代的传授?
I can smeII fresh air.
我都能闻到新鲜空气了!
I can hear birds.
我听到了鸟鸣声!
I taste freedom.
我品尝到了自由的味道!
Excuse me! Watch out! Coming through!
请原谅!小心!让开!
I was tricked by an idiot,
我被傻子给蒙了
Hey, I know how you feeI. I was beat in tic-tac-toe by a chicken.
我理解你现在的感受 我以前也被鸡给骗过
Goodbye,
再见了
Homer do good?
我表现得怎么样?
ActuaIIy, you doomed us aII. Again. Nice knowing you, Homer.
你把我们的命都给搭进去了 很荣幸认识你,荷马
But I. . . .
但是我…
I can't do anything right.
我做什么都是错的!
Get out of here!
滚开!


妙语佳句

1.generation 
n. 一代;产生;一代人;生殖
They belonged to a younger generation.
他们属于年轻的一代。

2.be tricked by
被骗
The fly detective couldn't be tricked by any thieves in England.
机智的探员在英国不会上任何毛贼的当。

剧情百科

霍默总是做错事情,这次也不例外……镇上的人们已经想到要如何逃出圆顶,但是却被霍默搞砸了……

考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the properwords

1.You can ______ ______ any of these assumptions.
任何假定都可以争论。

2.What may ______ ______ death, who knows?
死亡之后会是什麽,谁会知道?

本期答案见下期

上期答案:

1.If you start thinking smarter, you can adapt for the weather changes.
如果你开始更明智地思考,你可以适应气候变化。

2.That was a close shave! That bus almost hit our car!
刚才真惊险!那辆公车差点就撞上我们的车!

分享到
重点单词
  • escapev. 逃跑,逃脱,避开 n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃避)方法、
  • detectiveadj. 侦探的 n. 侦探
  • adaptvt. 使适应,改编 vi. 适应,适合
  • shaven. 修面,刮胡子 vt. 修面,剃,擦过,消减价格 v
  • thumbn. 拇指 v. 翻阅,示意要求搭车
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • doomedadj. 命中注定的 动词doom的过去式和过去分词