(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
I want to hear every little detail, Lydia, dear.
我要听每个小细节 莉蒂亚,亲爱的
I've been enlisted in a regiment in the North of England.
我已接到 北英格兰民兵团的徵召
Glad to hear it.
很高兴听到这点
Near Newcastle. We travel there next week.
靠近新堡,我们下星期出发
Can I come and stay with you? - That is out of the question.
我能跟你们一起去吗? - 绝对不行
Monday morning came and I was in such a fuss.
星期一早上时,我还一团乱
I don't want to hear.
我不想听
There was my aunt preaching away as if reading a sermon.
姨妈一直说教 好像在念什麽讲道篇
She was horrid unpleasant. - Can't you understand why?
她令人害怕 - 妳还不明白吗?
But I didn't hear a word because I was thinking of my dear Wickham.
但我全都没听进去 因为我在想我亲爱的维克
I longed to know if he'd be married in his bluecoat.
我想知道他是否穿蓝外套结婚
The North of England, I believe, boasts some spectacular scenery.
我相信北英格兰 有些特殊的景观
So I thought, who is to be our best man if he doesn't come back?
我想若他没有回来 谁要当我们的伴郎?
Lucky, he did, or I would've had to ask Mr Darcy.
还好他回来了 否则我就得请达西先生了
Mr Darcy! - I forgot!
达西先生? - 我忘了
But I shouldn't have said a word. - Mr Darcy was at your wedding?
我不该说的 - 达西先生参加了妳的婚礼?
He was the one that discovered us.
是他找到我们的
He paid for the wedding, Wickham's commission, everything.
婚礼,维克的官职等一切 都是他付的钱
But he told me not to tell.
但他叫我不要说
Mr Darcy? - Stop it, Lizzie.
达西先生? - 住嘴,莉西
Mr Darcy's not half as high and mighty as you sometimes.
达西先生 有时候没那麽高高在上
重点解释
妙语佳句:
enlist:征募,积极参与
例如:He enlisted as a private in the Mexican War...
在墨西哥战争中他参军成为一名二等兵。
The prince has also enlisted his two daughters in the effort to avoid the press.
亲王还借助他的两个女儿来躲避媒体。
sermon:一大通教训,布道
例如:Sometimes the rector came up and preached a sermon.
有时候教区牧师来布道。
The minister preaches a sermon now and then.
牧师不时地讲道。
commission:任命,委任
例如:You can commission them to paint something especially for you.
你可以委托他们专门为你画点什么。
He was commissioned as second lieutenant in the Air Force.
他被任命为空军少尉。
剧情百科常识:
宾利和简经过一番周折,言归于好,一对情人沉浸在欢乐之中。而一心想让自己的女儿嫁给达西的凯瑟琳夫人匆匆赶来,蛮横地要伊丽莎白保证不与达西结婚。伊丽莎白对这一无理要求断然拒绝。此事传到达西耳中。他知道伊丽莎白已经改变了对自己的看法(他日后对伊丽莎白表白:You are too generous to trifle with me,你为人太真诚大方,不会以此来愚弄我),诚恳地再次向她求婚。到此,一对曾因傲慢和偏见而延搁婚事的有情人终成眷属。
考考你:
我们为那些孤儿募集钱,你能出一点吗?
请不要对我讲大道理。
委员会由五人组成,其中包括两名妇女。
答案下期公布
上一期的答案
The bylaws forbid playing ball in the public garden.
Her parliamentary career has occupied all of her time.
He gave a radiant smile when he heard the news.