影视精讲《傲慢与偏见》第5期:舞会上贝内特夫人说女儿简是公认的美女
日期:2012-08-01 12:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

but not handsome enough to tempt me.
但是吸引不了我
You're wasting your time with me.
赶快回去陪你的舞伴吧
Count your blessings, Lizzie.
你算幸运了,莉琪
If he liked you, you'd have to talk to him.
他喜欢你的话你就得跟他讲话
Precisely.
那就惨了
As it is, I wouldn't dance with him for all of Derbyshire,
德贝郡来的人我都不甩
let alone the miserable half.
更别说是比较烂的那一半
Jane is a splendid dancer, is she not?
珍很会跳舞,对吧?
Oh, she is indeed.
是的,没错
Your friend, Miss Lucas, is a most amusing young woman.
你的朋友卢卡斯小姐很有趣
Oh, yes. I adore her.
是啊,我很喜欢她
It is a pity she's not more handsome.
只可惜她长得不好看
Mama.

But Lizzie will never admit that she's plain.
莉琪当然不会承认自己长得很普通
Of course, it's my Jane who is considered the beauty of the county
不过我们家的珍才是公认的美女   
No, Mama. Mama, please.
妈,别说了
When she was only 15 there was a gentleman
她才十五岁就有位先生爱上她
so much in love with her that I was sure he would make her an offer.
我以为他一定会向她求婚
However, he did write her some very pretty verses.
但是他为她写了很美的情诗
I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry
情诗是爱情的绊脚石
And that put paid to it.
结果弄巧成拙
in driving away love?
把她吓跑

重点解释
妙语佳句:
tempt:吸引
例如:It is the fresh fruit that tempts me at this time of year...
一年当中这个时节,新鲜水果最能吸引我了。
Don't let credit tempt you to buy something you can't afford...
不要因为可以赊购,就买超过自己支付能力的东西。
The woman used all her wiles to tempt him into following her.
那女人用尽了自己的诱骗本领勾引着他尾随而去。

let alone:更别提,更不用说
例如:His cabin is uninhabitable in summer,let alone in winter.
他的小屋连夏天都不好住,更不用说在冬天住了。
We can't afford a bicycle, let alone a car.
我们连自行车也买不起,更不用说汽车了。

剧情百科常识:


宾利的妹妹卡罗琳(Caroline)一心想嫁给达西,而达西对她十分冷漠。她发现达西对伊丽莎白有好感后,怒火中烧,决意从中阻挠。达西虽然欣赏伊丽莎白,但却无法忍受她的母亲以及妹妹们粗俗、无礼的举止,担心简并非是钟情于宾利,便劝说宾利放弃娶简。在妹妹和好友达西的劝说下,宾利不辞而别,去了伦敦,但简对他还是一片深情。

考考你:
在流浪者队这样优秀的俱乐部呆了这么久之后,其他苏格兰球队都吸引不了他了。
我今天病得连厨房那么远都走不动,更不用说陪你逛动物园了。

答案下期公布

上一期的答案
He has some acquaintance with German,but doesn't speak it fluently.
He would prefer to meet me downstairs rather than upstairs.

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • pityn. 同情,怜悯,遗憾,可惜 v. 同情,怜悯
  • amusingadj. 有趣的,引人发笑的
  • miserableadj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的
  • acquaintancen. 熟人,相识,了解
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • adorevt. 崇拜,爱慕
  • temptvt. 引诱,诱惑,勾引