(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Dear Jane...
亲爱的珍…
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Please, do be seated.
请坐
Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village.
柯林斯夫妇到村里去了
This is a charming house.
这房子很迷人
I believe my aunt did a great deal to it when Mr Collins first arrived.
我想柯林斯先生刚到这时 我姨妈大肆整修了一番
I believe so.
我想是的
She could not have bestowed her kindness on a more grateful subject.
她大概再也找不到 更会感谢她仁慈赠与的人
Shall I call for some tea? - No, thank you.
你要喝点茶吗? - 不,谢谢
Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it's been a pleasure.
再见,伊莉莎白小姐 真是荣幸
What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy?
妳到底对可怜的达西先生怎麽了?
I have no idea.
我不知道
Every mind must have some counsellor
每颗心都要有个谘询者
to whom it may apply for consolation in distress.
好在危难的时候求助
There are many conveniences which others can supply and we cannot procure.
我们也许有其它方便的选择
I have in view those objects
我已经观察过这些目标
which are only to be obtained through intercourse...
这些只能藉由性交获得…
Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility.
抱歉 我是指藉由友谊或礼貌的交际
On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you not with cordiality,
在这种情况下 这人不是因热诚而接待你
but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy...
而是带着怀疑 如同侦测敌人一般
How long do you plan to stay? - As long as Darcy chooses.
你计划在此待多久? - 这要看达西
重点解释
妙语佳句:
bestow:赠给,授予
例如:The Queen has bestowed a knighthood on him.
女王已经授予他爵士头衔。
I bestow my own attributes over liberally on him.
我把自己的特性慷慨地施与他了。
consolation:安慰,慰问
例如:He found himself at a loss for words of consolation.
他简直想不出安慰的话来。
When her mother died, she found consolation in her religious beliefs.
当她母亲去世时,她在宗教信仰中找到了安慰。
procure:取得,获得
例如:It remained very difficult to procure food, fuel and other daily necessities.
食物、燃料和其他日用必需品仍然很难得到。
Can you procure some specimens for me/procure me some specimens?
你能替我弄到一些标本吗?
剧情百科常识:

柯林斯夫妇请伊丽莎白去他们家作客,伊丽莎白在那里遇到达西的姨妈凯瑟琳(Catherine)夫人,并且被邀去她的罗辛斯山庄做客。不久,又见到了来那里过复活节的达西。达西无法抑制自己对伊丽莎白的爱慕之情,向她求婚,但态度还是那么傲慢,加之伊丽莎白之前便对他有严重偏见,便坚决地谢绝了他的求婚。这一打击使达西第一次认识到骄傲自负所带来的恶果,他痛苦地离开了她,临走前留下一封长信作了几点解释:他承认宾利不辞而别是他促使的,原因是他不满班纳特太太和班纳特小姐们的轻浮和鄙俗(不包括简和伊丽莎白),并且认为简并没有真正钟情于宾利;威克汉姆说的却全是谎言,事实是威克汉姆自己把那笔遗产挥霍殆尽,还企图勾引达西的妹妹乔治安娜私奔。伊丽莎白读信后十分后悔,既对错怪达西感到内疚,又为母亲和妹妹的行为羞愧。
考考你:
他希望将那些伟大的荣誉授予这位英雄。
一场比赛可能给他们带来获胜的安慰。
如果你诱使证人作伪证,你要受罚的。
答案下期公布
上一期的答案
If you want to acquire profound knowledge,you must start from the ABC.
He has been her constant companion for the last four months.
I cannot imagine what to do in this dreadful situation.
