《新乌龙女校》视听讲解第13期:要整顿乌龙女校
日期:2012-03-27 17:31

(单词翻译:单击)

视听原文

Badly behaved children don't need an arm around the shoulder.
表现糟糕的孩子不需要被拥抱
They need a good kick up the arse.
他们需要被好好的教训
May we say "shot in the arm," sir? For the tabloids?
先生 我们对小报说"一点点刺激"好吗?
Say what you need to say.
说你该说的
The important thing is what we do.
重要的不是我们说什么而是我们做什么
I intend to start with the worst schools in the country.
所以我打算从全国最差的学校开始
But that would mean St Trinian's, sir.
先生 你是说从乌龙女校开始
What's the matter with him?
他怎么了
Five years ago he went to that place undercover.
五年前 他去那个地方卧底


He's suffered severe and recurrent trauma ever since.
从那时起 他就开始遭受严重反复性的精神创伤
Really? From a bunch of naughty schoolgirls?
是吗 一群淘气的女学生?
You wouldn't know, man. You weren't there.
你不会明白 你没在场
When I overhauled the prison service I began by tackling the most fractious, lawless and feared institutions around.
我整顿监狱系统的时候 我从最难缠 最无法无天 最令人恐惧的监狱开始
Once I'd dealt with those, the others simply fell into place.
我把这样的监狱都整顿好了 其它的自然就不在话下
We'll take the same approach with St Trinian's.
对乌龙女校我们也会采取同样的措施
Be afraid, sir. Be very afraid.
小心行事 先生 一定要小心
Right. On my command, unleash hell.
好 听我命令 疯狂进攻

重点讲解

1. tabloid n. 小报
The tabloid papers are full of smut.
这些小报充斥著下流的东西。
2. undercover a. 秘密从事的, 秘密的, 从事间谍活动的
She worked as an undercover agent for the police.
她为警察当密探。
3. recurrent a. 再发生的, 定期重复的, 循环的
I have a recurrent dream that I've turned into an elephant.
我屡次梦见自己变成了大象。
4.overhaul v.& n.彻底检查,大修
I've taken my typewriter in for an overhaul.
我已把打字机拿去彻底检修了.
5. fractious a.乖张的
Run by fractious triumvirate, it produced some noble plays.
由独断专行的三人小组经营该剧团演出了一些名剧。

分享到
重点单词
  • intendvt. 想要,计划,打算,意指
  • fractiousadj. 易怒的,脾气不好的,难以对待的
  • unleashv. 解开 ... 的皮带,解除 ... 的束缚,解放
  • typewritern. 打字机,打字员
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • recurrentadj. 再发生的,周期性的,循环的
  • overhaulvt. 仔细检查,翻修,赶上 n. 彻底检查,全面检修
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理
  • commandn. 命令,指挥,控制 v. 命令,指挥,支配 n. [
  • severeadj. 剧烈的,严重的,严峻的,严厉的,严格的