(单词翻译:单击)
惊叹
Boy!
哎哟!
A: Boy! His girlfriend is really hot.How did they know each other?
哎哟,他女朋友真够漂亮的!他们俩怎么认识的?
B: It is said they are neighbors。
据说他们是邻居。
表示惊奇、兴奋、颂扬或厌恶。
That's news to me.
我还没听说过。
A: Yesterday a train was blown down by strong wind.
昨天一列火车被大风吹翻了。
B: Really? That's news to me.
真的吗?我还没听说过。
I could hardly believe my ears.=I couldn't believe my ears.
我不相信我所听到的。
I couldn't believe my eyes.
我不相信我所看到的。
hardly ad. 几乎不
You're kidding!= No kidding!
你在开玩笑吧!
A:David and Julia are getting married.
大卫和朱丽亚要结婚了。
B:You're kidding!
你在开玩笑吧!
It can't be true!= That's impossible!= No way!
这怎么可能!
A: I heard Mr. Harry was fired.
听说哈利先生被开除了。
B:It can't be true!
这怎么可能!
Are you out of your mind?= Are you crazy?= Have you taken leave of your senses?
你脑子出毛病了?
out of one's mind“发狂”
It dropped from the clouds.= It appeared from the clouds.
这使人措手不及。
Are you serious?
真的吗?
A: I'll ask Elaine to marry me.
我要向爱莲求婚。
B:Are you serious?
真的吗?
用以对对方所说的话表示怀疑,不确定。与Are you kidding?意思相似。
It was totally unexpected.=I never expected it.
这完全是意料之外。
A: I heard your plan was selected.
听说你的企划被采纳了。
B: Yeah, it was totally unexpected.
是啊,这完全是意料之外。
I never have thought of it.
我从未想到过。
A: Jack and Lora are getting married.
杰克和罗拉要结婚了。
B: Really?l never have thought of it.
真的吗?我从未想到过。
I'm surprised!=What a surprise!
我很惊讶!
What a surprise!
真令人吃惊!
A: What a surprise! You had your hair permed?
你把头发烫了。真令人吃惊!
B: Yes, and another surprise. I'm going to get married next Sunday.
不错,还有让你吃惊的呢,我下周日就要结婚了。
You scared me!= You startled me!= What a shock!= I'm shocked!
你吓我一跳!
表示对对方的言语行动感到非常吃惊。
This really is a surprise!
这真是想不到的事情!
A: This really is a surprise! You're home earlier than usual.
这真是想不到的事情!你提前回来了。
B: I've got a bad cold. The doctor advised me to have a day off.
我得了重感冒。大夫建议我休息一天。
I'm speechless.= I'm at a loss for words.=I don't know what to say.
我无言以对。
I was taken aback.=I almost lost it.
我真是不知所措。
be taken aback“吓一大跳,大吃一惊,惊得目瞪口呆,不知所措”
What a nice surprise!
真令人惊喜!
A:You won the first prize!
你得了一等奖。
B: Oh, what a nice surprise!
哇!真令人惊喜!
You're the last person to do that.
没想到你会那么做。
A: I quarreled with my boss.
我和老板吵架了。
B: You're the last person to do that.
没想到你会那么做。
U can't believe it!= Unbelievable!= Incredible!
我不相信!
That's extraordinary!
真是有点异乎寻常!
A: He ate three bowls of rice and one chicken at a meal.
他一顿饭吃了三碗米饭和一只鸡。
B: That's extraordinary! It must cost you a fortune.
真是有点异乎寻常!一定花了你不少钱。
extraordinary a. 非常的,特别的,非凡的
Poor thing!
好可怜啊!
A: I feel dizzy. My temperature is 38 degrees.
我感到晕晕的。我的体温是38度。
B: Poor thing! Go to bed I'll call Dr.Smith.
好可怜啊!上床睡觉去,我给史密斯医生打电话。
dizzy a. 晕眩的
temperature n. 温度