(单词翻译:单击)
Belinda was sitting inside a car, which fooled me not at all, and I returned to Maya.
贝琳达坐在一辆车里,这根本没有骗到我,我回到了玛雅身边。
“See now; see how she looks?” Wally said.
“看到了吗?看到她的样子了吗?”沃利说。
“She Found Belinda; you can tell by her expression.”
“她找到了贝琳达;你可以从她的表情看出来。”
I waited impatiently for Maya to tell me to Show, but she and Wally were too busy talking.
我不耐烦地等着玛雅让我带她去看,但她和沃利正聊得火热。
“I’m not sure; she doesn’t look much different than the other times she came back,” Maya said.
“我不确定;她看起来和其他时候没什么不同。”玛雅说。
“Look at her eyes, the way her mouth is tightened.
“看看她的眼睛,她嘴巴紧闭的样子。
Her tongue’s not out. See? She’s on alert; she has something to show us.”
她的舌头没有伸出来,看到了吗?这表明她处于警戒状态,她有东西要带我们我们去看。”
At the word “show” I trembled, caught in half lunge. It hadn’t really been a command.
一听到“带我去看”这个字眼,我的身体就抖了一下。但这并不算是真正的指令。
“So now I tell her to Show?” Maya asked.
“所以现在我让她带我去看?”“玛雅问道。
Quit teasing me!
你俩能不能别再逗我了!
Were we working, or not?
我们是在工作吗?还是在干嘛?
“Show!” Maya finally called.
“带我去看!”玛雅终于发话了。
Belinda came out of the car laughing when we Found her.
我们找到贝琳达时,她笑着从车里出来。
“Such a good dog, Ellie,” she told me.
“爱丽,你真是棒,”她对我说。
“Now you play with Ellie. It’s important; it’s her reward for such hard work.”
“现在你得陪爱丽玩儿。这很重要,因为这是她工作后的回报。”
When Maya played with me, it was different from Jakob’s play.
玛雅和我一起玩的时候,和雅各布和我玩的时候不一样。
Maya seemed to actually enjoy it; it wasn’t just something she did at the end of Show.
玛雅似乎真的很喜欢跟我一起玩儿,这不只是我带她去看之后的例行公事。
She had the rubber bone from the kennel, and I dug in my feet and clenched it in my jaws while she tried to take it away.
她拿来了狗窝里的橡胶骨头,我弄倒脚边,然后紧紧咬在嘴里,玛雅则尝试把骨头拿走。
Maya had a life different from anyone else I had ever encountered.
玛雅的生活和我所遇到的其他人都不一样。
Not only was she burdened with too many cats, but most nights she went to a larger home with lots of people and a wonderful-smelling woman named Mama.
她不仅养了很多猫,而且大多数晚上,她都要去一个更大一些的家,那里有很多人,还有一个闻起来很香的女人叫妈妈。
Mama was like Grandma, always cooking, and there were little children running around playing with each other every time we went for a visit.
妈妈就像奶奶一样,总是会做饭,每次我们去看望她,都有小孩子跑来跑去互相玩耍。
The children climbed on me until Maya asked them to stop, and the boys played ball with me, which I loved,
孩子们会爬到我身上,但玛雅会叫他们下来,男孩们会和我一起玩球,我很喜欢,
and the girls put hats on me, which I tolerated.
女孩们给我戴上帽子,我忍下了。
Maya had a neighbor named Al who liked to come over and ask Maya about “help.”
玛雅有一个叫艾尔的邻居,他喜欢过来问玛雅有关“帮忙”的事。
“Do you need help carrying those boxes, Maya?” he would ask.
“你需要帮忙搬那些箱子吗,玛雅?”他会问。
“No, no,” she would say.
“没事儿,不用了,”她会这样说。
“Do you need help fixing your door?”
“你需要帮忙修门吗?”
“No, no,” Maya would say.
“不用了,不用了,”玛雅会说。
Maya always seemed anxious, her skin warming and her palms sweating, when Al came over, but she wasn’t frightened of him.
当艾尔过来的时候,玛雅总是显得很紧张,她的皮肤温度会升高,手心会冒汗,但她并不害怕他。
