(单词翻译:单击)
Amy brought her lunch out to a table in the yard, and Cammie was willing to wake up for that.
艾米把午饭端到院子里的一张桌子上,卡米倒是对吃饭很感兴趣。
He walked over to where Amy sat and lay down heavily at her feet, as if burdened with many cares that could only be cured with a bite of her ham sandwich.
他走到艾米坐着的地方,重重地在她脚边躺下,仿佛有许多心事,只有咬一口她的火腿三明治才能治好。
A woman came out and joined Amy.
一个女人走了出来,走到艾米身边。
“Hi, Maya,” Amy said.
“嗨,玛雅,”艾米说。
Maya had dark hair and dark eyes and was tall for a woman, with strong-looking arms.
玛雅有深色的头发和深色的眼睛,作为一个女人,她个子很高,手臂看上去很结实。
Her pants smelled faintly of cats.
她的裤子有一点猫的味道。
She sat down and opened a little box and began chomping on something spicy.
她坐下来,打开一个小盒子,开始狂炫一些辣的东西。
“Hi, Amy. Hello, Ellie.”
“嗨,艾米。你好,爱丽。”
The woman didn’t greet Cammie, I noted smugly.
我沾沾自喜地注意到,那个女人没有向卡米打招呼。
I moved closer to her, and she petted me with a fragrant hand.
我走近她,她用带着香味的手抚摸着我。
I caught a whiff of soap and tangy tomatoes.
我闻到一股肥皂味和刺鼻的西红柿味。
“Did you put in your paperwork?” Amy asked.
“你交文件了吗?”艾米问。
“Fingers crossed,” Maya replied.
“上帝保佑。”玛雅回答。
I lay down and gnawed on the rubber bone so that Maya would conclude I was having so much fun I could only be enticed into paying attention to her with a little lunch.
我躺下,咬着橡胶骨头,这样玛雅就会认为我玩得很开心,她只能用一点点午餐来吸引我的注意力了。
“Poor Ellie. She’s got to be so confused,” Amy said.
“可怜的爱丽。她一定很困惑,”艾米说。
I looked up. Lunch?
我抬起头。是要给我午饭吃吗?
“You sure you really want to do this?” Amy asked.
“你真的想这么做吗?”艾米问。
Maya sighed.
玛雅叹了口气。
“I know it’s hard work, but what isn’t, you know?
“我知道这很辛苦,但什么事都不容易,不是吗?”
I’m just getting to that point, it’s the same old thing every day.
这一点很重要,每天都是重复的生活。
I’d like to try something new, do something different for a few years.
我想尝试一些新的东西,做几年不一样的事情。
Hey, you want a taco? My mom made them; they’re really good.”
嘿,你想吃塔可吗?我妈妈做的,很好吃。”
“No thanks.”
“不了,谢谢”。
I sat up. Taco? I wanted a taco!
我站了起来。塔可?我想吃!
Maya wrapped up her lunch as if I weren’t even there.
玛雅把她的午饭包好,好像我根本不在那里似的。
“You people in K-9 are all in such good shape. Losing weight is so hard for me . . . do you think I can hack it?”
“你们警犬组的人体形都很好。减肥对我来说太难了…你觉得我能行吗?”
“What? No, you’re fine! Didn’t you pass the physical?”
“什么?不,你很好啊!你没有通过体能测试吗?”
“Sure,” Maya said.
“当然,”玛雅说。
“Well, there you go,” Amy said.
“那很棒啊”艾米说。
“I mean, if you want to run with me, I usually go to the track after work. But I’m sure you’ll be great.” I felt a tinge of anxiety come off Maya.
“我的意思是,如果你想和我一起跑步,我通常下班后去。但我相信你会做得很好的。”我感到一丝焦虑从玛雅身上消失了。
“I sure hope so,” she said.
“那太好啦,”她说。
“I’d hate to let Ellie down.”
“我不想让爱丽失望。”
I decided that no matter how many times they said my name, this conversation wasn’t going to result in anything edible.
我断定,不管他们说多少次我的名字,都不会有好吃的给我。
I sprawled out in the sunshine with a sigh, wondering how much longer it would be before Jakob came back.
我在阳光下伸开四肢,叹了口气,想知道雅各布还要多久才能回来。
