(单词翻译:单击)
I could smell her scent everywhere, but the boy’s scent was gradually fading away.
我到处都能闻到她的气味,但伊森的气味却越来越弱了。
A car pulled into her driveway and Hannah jumped out.
一辆汽车驶进了她家的车道,汉娜从车里跳了出来。
“Bye!” she said.
“拜拜!”她说。
She turned and looked at me.
她转过身来看着我。
“Well, hi, Bailey!” I ran up to her, wagging.
“啊,嗨,贝利!我摇着尾巴地跑向她。
I could smell several other people’s scents in her clothes, but there was no sign of Ethan.
我能从她的衣服里闻到其他人的气味,但是完全没有伊森的气味。
Hannah did go for a walk with me back home, and when she knocked on the door Grandma let her in and fed some pie to her but not to me.
汉娜确实和我一起走了一段路。她敲门的时候,奶奶让她进屋来,还给了她一些派,但没有给我。
I often dreamed of the boy.
我经常梦见伊森。
I dreamed of him jumping into the pond, with me swimming down and down to play rescue.
我梦见他跳进池塘,一遍一遍地跟我玩儿救他的游戏。
I dreamed of him doing the go-kart, how happy and excited he was.
我梦见他在玩卡丁车,整个人特别的开心和兴奋。
And sometimes I dreamed of him jumping out of the window, the sharp crack of pain rising in a shout from his lips as he fell in the flaming bushes.
有时,我会梦见他从窗户跳出去,梦到他摔进着着火的树丛里,透过他尖锐的叫声感受到他钻心的疼痛。
I hated those dreams, and I was just awakening from one of them one night when I saw the boy standing above me.
我讨厌这样的梦。有天晚上,我刚从一个这样的梦中醒来,就看见伊森站在我上面。
“Hi, Bailey!” he whispered, his scent flowing off of him.
“嗨,贝利!”他低声说,他的身上散发着他的气味。
He was back on the Farm!
他又回到了农场!
I jumped to my feet, putting my paws on his chest to lick his face.
我跳了起来,把我的爪子放在他的胸口,舔着他的脸。
“Shhh,” he told me.
“嘘,”他说道。
“It’s late; I just got here. Everybody’s sleeping.”
“现在太晚了;我刚回来。大家都还在睡觉。”
It was Happy Thanksgiving time, and life was back to normal.
那对我来说一个快乐的感恩节,生活又恢复了正常。
Mom was there, but not Dad.
妈妈也来了,但爸爸不在。
Hannah came over every day.
汉娜每天都来。
The boy seemed happy, but I could also feel that he was distracted.
伊森看上去很高兴,但我也能感觉到他的心不在焉。
He spent a lot of time looking at papers instead of playing with me, even when I brought him the stupid flip to try to shake him out of it.
他会花很多时间看报纸,而不是和我玩,甚至当我把那愚蠢的筋斗云叼到他面前,想让他不要再看报纸时,他也无动于衷。
I wasn’t surprised when he left again.
然后,他又离开了,这一次,我没有感到惊讶。
This was my new life, I realized.
我意识到这就是我的生活新常态了。
I lived on the Farm with Grandpa and Grandma, and Ethan only came home for visits.
我和爷爷奶奶住在农场里,伊森会来探望我们。
It wasn’t what I wanted, but as long as the boy always returned, I had an easier time seeing him leave.
这不是我想要的生活,但只要伊森会时常回来,看到他离开的背影时,我便没有那么难过了。
