(单词翻译:单击)
The man lay down in the dirt.
那人瘫倒在地上。
I felt the life go out of him in a whoosh, the black, angry sickness unclenching its hold on him and letting him slide away peacefully.
我感到他的生命在嗖的一下消失了,那种暗黑的、愤怒的病态感不再掌控着他,让他平静地走了。
“Cannot believe I fell for that one,” the policeman muttered.
“真不敢相信我刚才居然信了他的鬼话。”警察嘟囔着。
He still pointed his gun at the now dead man, cautiously advancing and kicking the other man’s gun away.
他仍然在用枪指着那个已经死了的人,小心翼翼地向前走着,把另一个人的枪踢开了。
“Ellie, you okay?” Jakob asked faintly.
“爱丽,你还好吗?”雅各布有气无力地问。
“She’s okay, Jakob. Where you hit?”
“爱丽没事,雅各布。你伤哪了?”
“Gut.” I anxiously lay down by Jakob’s side, nuzzling his unresponsive hand.
“肠道。”我焦虑地躺在雅各布身边,用鼻子蹭着他那没有反应的手。
I could feel the pain working its way through his body, and the blood smell was alarming for how much of it there was.
我能感觉到疼痛在他的身体里蔓延,血的气味十分浓烈,让我担心雅各布是否失血过多。
“Officer down, suspect down. We’re . . .” The man looked up at the sky.
“一名警员倒下了,嫌疑人也倒下了。我们现在在……”男人抬头看了看天空。
“We’re under some trees down the canyon. Need medivac for the officer. Suspect is 10-91.” “Confirm suspect 10-91.” The policeman walked over and gave the man a kick.
“我们在峡谷下面的几棵树下。长官需要医疗救助。嫌疑人现在的状态是是10 - 91。”“请确认状态是否是10-91。”那名警察走过去踢了那人一脚。
“Oh, he’s dead all right.”
“噢,他已经死了,那好吧”
“Who is the officer?”
“那名警员是谁?”
“Eight-Kilo-Six. We need help down here now.”
“是8k6组的。我们现在就需要帮助。”
I didn’t know what to do. Jakob seemed unafraid, but I was so filled with fear I was panting and trembling.
我不知道该怎么办。雅各布似乎并不害怕,但我心里充满了恐惧,我气喘吁吁的,浑身发抖。
I was reminded of the night when Ethan was caught inside the fire and I couldn’t get to him, the same feeling of helplessness.
我想起了伊森被困在火里的那个晚上,我根本无法靠近他,这种无助感似曾相识。
The policeman came back and knelt next to Jakob.
那个警察回来了,俯身跪在雅各布旁边。
“They’re on their way, bro. You just got to hang on, now.”
“他们在路上了,兄弟。你现在只需要坚持下去,等他们来。”
I felt the concern in the policeman’s voice, and when he gingerly opened Jakob’s shirt to get a look inside the shock of fear shooting through him made me whimper.
我从警察的声音中听出了他的担忧。当他小心翼翼地打开雅各布的衬衫,想看一眼里面的情况时,一种被震慑到的恐惧感席卷了他的全身,这让我不禁呜咽起来。
Soon I could hear crashing and stumbling as several people ran toward us.
很快,我就听到了撞击声和跌跌撞撞的声音,有几个人朝我们跑过来。
They knelt by Jakob, shouldering me aside, and began pouring chemicals on him and wrapping him in bandages.
他们跪在雅各布身边,把我推到一边,开始往他身上倒化学品,用绷带把他包裹起来。
“How’s Emily?” Jakob asked them faintly.
”埃米莉怎么样?”雅各布有气无力地问他们。
“Who?” “The little girl,” the policeman explained.
“谁?““那个小女孩,”那个警察解释说。
“She’s fine, Jakob; nothing happened.
“她很好,雅各布;她什么事儿也没有。
You got to her before he was able to do anything.”
他还没来得及做什么,你就找到了她。”
