(单词翻译:单击)
“Unit Eight-Kilo-Six, what’s your twenty?” the radio squawked.
“8k6组,你们在哪儿?”收音机叫了起来。
“Eight-Kilo-Six, we are proceeding up Amalfi.”
“8k6组应答,我们正在往阿马尔菲上走。”
“Any luck?”
“有发现吗?”
“We had something on Sunset. Nothing since.”
“日落时有一些发现,在那之后就没有了。”
“Roger that.” I barked.
“收到。“我叫了起来。
I normally didn’t bark when I caught a scent, but when this hit it was strong and steady, carried on a current of air that filled the cab of the truck.
我通常闻到气味时不会叫,但这次的气味很强烈,且源源不断地飘来,弥漫了车内。
“Eight-Kilo-Six, we’ve got something, corner of Amalfi and Umeo.”
“8k6组呼叫,我们有发现了,阿马尔菲和乌梅奥的角这里。”
The truck slowed, and I stayed on point.
车减速了,我原地不动。
I could still smell her, and the man’s scent was strong as ever. Jakob eased to a stop.
我还能闻到她的气味,那个男人的气味和之前一样浓烈。杰克布慢慢地把车停了下来。
“Okay, which way here, Ellie?” Jakob asked.
“好,现在我们往哪边走,爱丽?”雅各布问道。
I climbed across the seat, shoving my face out his window.
我爬过座位,把脸从他那一侧的窗口探了出去。
“Left on Capri!” Jakob shouted excitedly.
“卡布里左边!”雅各布兴奋地喊道。
A few minutes later the truck started to bump.
几分钟后,车开始颠簸。
“We’re on the fire road!”
“我们在消防路上!”
“10-4, we’re on our way,” the radio said.
“10-4,我们正在路上,”电台里传出声音。
I was on alert, focused dead ahead, while Jakob wrestled with the truck to keep it on the narrow road.
我提高了警惕,全神贯注地看着前方,雅各布与车周旋着,想让保持在这条狭窄的道路上。
Suddenly we banged to a stop, facing a yellow gate.
突然,我们砰的一声停了下来,面前是一扇黄色的大门。
“Be advised, we need the fire department up here; there’s a gate.”
“请注意,我们这里需要消防队;这里有一个门。”
“10-4.” We jumped out of the car.
“10-4”。我们从车里跳了出来。
A red car was parked off to the side, and I ran right to it, on alert.
一辆红色的车停在路边,我径直跑过去,保持着警惕。
Jakob was holding his gun out.
雅各布把枪拿了出来。
“We’ve got a red Toyota Camry, empty;
“我们发现了一辆红色的丰田佳美,是空的;
Ellie says it belongs to our man.”
爱丽说这辆车是我们的人的。”
Jakob led me around to the back of the vehicle, watching me intently.
雅各布领着我转到车子的后面,目不转睛地看着我。
“No indication anyone is in the trunk of the car,” Jakob stated.
“没有迹象表明有人在汽车的后备箱里,”雅各布说。
“Roger that.” The scent from the car wasn’t as strong as what was coming from the air currents rising up from the canyon below.
“收到。“车里的气味没有从下方的峡谷飘上来的气流的气味那么强烈。
A steep road held the man’s scent as it descended, while the girl’s was more delicate.
往下走时,一条陡峭的路上有那个男人的气味,而那个女孩的气味则弱一些。
He’d carried her.
那个男人带着她。
“Be advised, suspect took the road down to the camp. He’s on foot.”
“请注意,嫌疑犯走了向下的路去窝点了。他是步行的。”
“Eight-Kilo-Six, hold and wait for backup.”
“8k6组,请原地不动,等待支援。”
“Ellie,” Jakob said to me, putting his gun back on his belt.
“爱丽,”雅各布对我说,把枪放回了腰带上。
“Let’s go find the girl.”
“我们去找那个女孩吧。”
