(单词翻译:单击)
Hannah and the boy spent many hours together, sitting quietly by themselves, sometimes not talking, just wrestling.
汉娜和男孩在一起呆了好几个小时,只有他们俩静静地坐着。有时,他们不说话,只是扭在一起。
Sometimes she even went on the early morning car rides, though normally it was just the boy and me, Bailey the front-seat dog.
有时,汉娜也会出现在清晨的乘车出游中,不过,通常情况下只有伊森和我这只坐在前排的狗狗。
“Got to earn some money, Bailey,” he sometimes said.
“我们得挣点钱啊,贝利,”他有时会这样说。
I would wag at my name.
我听到自己的名字,则会摇摇尾巴。
“No football scholarship now, that’s for sure. I’ll never be able to participate in sports again.”
“现在没有足球奖学金了,这是肯定的。我再也不能参加体育运动了。”
At the sadness in him I always pushed my nose under his hand.
看到他悲伤的样子,我总是把鼻子凑到他的手上。
“My whole life’s dream. All gone now, because of Todd.”
“我一生的梦想。现在都没了,都是因为托德。”
Ethan had brought the flip with him to the Farm, for some reason,
伊森不知为什么把筋斗云也带到了农场,
and sometimes he would cut it up and resew it, generally making it even more embarrassing than it had been before.
有时,伊森会把筋斗云切开,然后重新缝上。总的来说,这样弄完,感觉比之前那一版的筋斗云更蠢了。
But my favorite time was when we’d swim together in the pond.
但我最喜欢的时光是我们一起在池塘里游泳的时候。
It seemed the only time that the boy’s leg didn’t give him pain.
这似乎只有这时候,伊森的腿才会疼。
We even played the sinking game, as we had been doing for years;
我们甚至玩起了在水里下沉的游戏,就像我们这么多年来一直玩的那样;
now, though he was much heavier, harder to drag out of the water than ever before.
只是现在的他比以前重了许多,更难从水里拖出来了。
When I dove after him I felt so happy, I never wanted it to end.
当我扑向他的时候,我感到很高兴,我希望这样的时光永远都不会结束。
I knew it would, though.
但我知道总会结束的。
I felt the nights growing longer, and that meant we’d soon be going home.
我感到夜晚越来越长,这也意味着我们很快就要回家了。
I was lying under the table one evening while Mom and Grandma talked.
一天晚上,我躺在桌子下面,妈妈和奶奶在聊天。
Ethan had gone on a car ride with Hannah and had not taken me, so I assumed they had to do something that wasn’t very fun.
伊森和汉娜一起坐车去兜风了,但这次没有带我去,所以我想他们一定是要做什么不太有趣的事。
“I want to talk to you about something,” Grandma told Mom.
“我想和你谈点事,”奶奶对妈妈说。
“Mother,” Mom said.
“妈,”妈妈说。
“No, just listen. That boy has completely changed since coming here.
“不,你还是听我说吧。自从来到这里,伊森就彻底变了。
He’s happy, he’s healthy, he’s got a girl . . . why take him back to the city?
他在这里很快乐、很健康,他有了女朋友…为什么要带他回城里?
He can finish high school right here.”
他可以在这里完成高中学业。”
