(单词翻译:单击)
Now ladies and gentlemen, we've been hearing a lot recently about Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
女士们,先生们,我们最近听到了很多关于唐纳德·特朗普和希拉里·克林顿的消息
But there is finally another politician in the news.
终于 新闻中有另一位政治家
Because former president George W. Bush announced today that he is releasing a book of his paintings.
因为前总统乔治·W·布什今天宣布他正在发行他的画作
Now some of you might not know George W. Bush as a painter but here is some of his past work.
现在你们中的一些人可能不知道乔治·W·布什是画家 这是他曾经的一些作品
Now you may think that's a very good likeness but here is the thing, it was supposed to be Laura Bush.
现在你可能认为这非常相似 事实上 这应该是劳拉·布什
Now he might not be a master painter, but honestly, isn't it just nice to see George W. Bush obsessed with a different type of oil?
他可能不是一位大师画家 但老实说 看到乔治·W·布什痴迷于另一种类型的石油 难道不是很好吗
Here's another portrait that W did.
这是他画的另一幅肖像
This one of his father, George Herbert Walker Bush, just there, his dad responded saying I think it's amazing how
他的父亲乔治·赫伯特·沃克·布什 他的父亲回应说 我觉得即使他担任美国总统之后 他仍然会让我感到非常羞愧 真令人惊讶
even after he's been president of the United States my son can still be a huge embarrassment to me.
我觉得即使他担任美国总统之后 他仍然会让我感到非常羞愧 真令人惊讶
Moving on to two people who are currently running for president.
继续关注两位目前总统竞选人。
Recent polling has shown that Hillary Clinton's lead over Donald Trump has almost totally disappeared
最近的民意调查显示 希拉里克林顿对唐纳德特朗普的领先优势几乎完全消失
and the candidates are basically tied. That's right. They're neck and neck.
候选人基本上都是并列 那就对了 他们不分上下
Well, for Hillary it's the neck. For Trump it's more of like a gizzard thing.
好吧 对希拉里来说 这是脖子 对于特朗普而言 它更像是一个喉咙的东西。
But now if you feel like the election has been bumming you out you are not the only one.
但是现在 如果你觉得选举让你失望 那你就不是唯一一个
This week a study was released by the world health organization showing that
本周 世界卫生组织发布了一项研究
the United States is the third-most depressed country in the world after India and China.
显示美国是仅次于印度和中国的世界上第三大萧条国家
Yes, I know, when Americans heard the news they were like oh, we only got third?
是的 我知道 当美国人听到他们的消息时 他们的反应是 只是第三
And I got to say look, America, you have got to buck up, all right.
而且我得说 看看 美国 你必须努力 好吧
Look, I understand India, China they are overpopulated, they are polluted.
看 我了解印度 中国他们人口过剩 污染严重

But America, you guys are like there is no Wi-Fi at this restaurant.
但美国 你们就像这家餐厅没有Wi-Fi。
How am I supposed to Snapchat my sliders? I'm sad now.
我该怎么快拍 我现在好悲伤
But the thing is it's been going over and over this in my head
但问题是它在我脑海中一遍又一遍
and I just can't imagine what could be causing Americans to have such a negative outlook.
我无法想象可能导致美国人出现这种负面前景的原因
And like, I don't know. I wonder what it could be. The American dream is dead.
就像 我不知道 我想知道它会是什么。美国梦已经死了
People are laughing at us all over the world. They think we're stupid.
人们在世界各地嘲笑我们 他们认为我们是愚蠢的。
The stupid country run by very stupid people.
这个愚蠢的国家由非常愚蠢的人经营
You are living in poverty. Very, very stupid people.
你生活在贫困中 非常非常愚蠢的人
Your schools are no good. They are laughing at us back in Iran.
你的学校不好 他们在伊朗嘲笑我们
You have no jobs. How stupid are the people of Iowa.
你没有工作 爱荷华州人民多么愚蠢
The American dream is deadNothing to be depressed about at all.
美国梦已经死了 根本没什么可郁闷的。
