(单词翻译:单击)
This is a story about airplane food.
这是一个关于飞机餐的故事 。
I know what you're thinking, but this isn't just any airplane food.
我知道你在想什么,但这可不是一般的飞机餐噢 。
This is the creme de la creme, the cream of the crap, the icing on the cake.
这是飞机餐中的飞机餐,是精华中的精华,是蛋糕上的糖霜一样的存在 。
All around the world, thousands of business and first-class passengers
世界各地的商务舱和头等舱乘客
get to enjoy the decadent and delicious gourmet recipes of none other than chef Matt and his trusty team.
都有机会享受到厨师马特和他值得信赖的团队制作的精美到极致的美味 。
Let's see how a meal takes off.
接下来就让我们看看一份餐食是如何登机起飞的吧 。
We're here at one of Gategourmet kitchens, where airline food is prepared.
我们来到了佳美的一间厨房,航空食品配餐就是在这里加工制作的 。
I am chef Matt and these are some of our teams.
我是厨师马特,下面是我们团队的部分成员 。
We have store room, culinary, production and transportation.
我们有储藏间,有厨房,有生产线,还有运输流 。
Across our three kitchens in Atlanta, we serve 180 thousand meals a week.
我们亚特兰大的三个厨房每周都要供应18万份飞机餐 。
To put in perspective, we use 30 million slices of cheese a year in the u.s., along with 85 tons of spinach, 8 million strawberries and 25 million bread rolls.
总的来说,我们国内的厨房每年要用到3000万片奶酪,85吨菠菜,800万吨草莓,2500万吨面包卷 。
Delivery trucks will arrive and items will be temperature checked.
送货的卡车到了之后,我们要先对食材进行温度检查 。
And then those items will be moved to their respective area.
然后将各种食材搬到它们各自的区域 。
It'll be prepped and cooked.
之后是准备和烹饪的环节 。
Those items are then packed into the airline foils
随后,那些餐食被盛入装飞机餐用的锡纸盒里,
and boarded on to the carts that are then pushed onto our trucks and delivered to the aircraft.
登上手推车,被推到我们的卡车上,继而送上飞机 。
The cabins have less moisture like we do on the ground.
飞机机舱内的湿度比地面上要小 。
You need moisture in order to get full flavor, the full taste of food.
要让食物充分发挥它的味道,就需要锁住食物的水分 。
So we designed to really combat that in the air, so you're finding a lot more items that are highly seasoned.
所在在设计的时候就要考虑到这个问题,所以你会发现很多飞机餐用的都是当季的食材 。
We really like to highlight those items so that the food tastes the same down on the ground as it does up in the air.
我们真的很喜欢突出这些东西,以便让我们的餐食在地面上和在空中吃起来能够有一样的味道 。
Hot smoked salmon polka with mango and edamame.
热熏三文鱼配芒果和毛豆 。
Buffalo milk burrata with some cucumber ribbons and some balsamic pearls.
水牛牛奶布拉塔芝士配黄瓜丝和香脂珍珠 。
A pan-seared sea bass with a fennel puree.
茴香汁煎鲈鱼 。
Pumpkin tortelloni finished with Osan Charles.
南瓜通心粉佐以 。
Any desserts? No desserts.
有甜点吗?没有甜点 。
I only eat them.
甜点我只吃不做 。
When designing meals, I really look for a couple of key factors
设计餐食的时候,我会重点找几个关键的因素,
and that the food is using lots of fresh acids and herbs to really enhance the passenger experience onboard.
我会用很多新鲜的植物酸和香料来提升乘客在飞机上的体验 。
I think I'm very fortunate that the food that I design,
我觉得我很幸运,因为我设计的餐食能够成为乘客们
whether someone's going on vacation or traveling for business,
无论他们是度假还是出差,
is the first taste that they have on their new adventure
在他们新开启的旅程中最先品尝的美食,
and I think it'd be more fortunate that it's the last taste that they have before they come home.
更幸运的是,我设计的餐食也是他们回家前的最后一次品尝到的美食 。