(单词翻译:单击)
Lagos is a melting pot. It's a dash of India, a pinch of New York; it's a very interesting place. It's got a lot of moving parts.
拉各斯就是一个大熔炉 。这里有印度的影子,也有纽约的影子;这里也是一个非常有趣的地方 。它有很多充满活力的地方 。
The sneaker culture is actually beginning to grow.
这里正在形成一种运动鞋文化 。
So there's a lot of young African and Nigerians that are beginning to embrace the sneaker culture.
很多年轻的非洲人和尼日利亚人都开始接受运动鞋文化 。
We want to make sneakers available to Nigerians and Africans.
我们想让尼日利亚人和非洲人都能穿上运动鞋 。
I absolutely love sneakers,
我超级喜爱运动鞋,
because I think sneakers are a form of expression for most people.
因为在我看来,运动鞋是大多数人表达个性的一种方式 。
What you wear says a lot about who you are.
你穿什么样的鞋也充分说明了你是一个什么样的人 。
My name is Jide Ipaye, co-founder and CEO of KEEXS. I'm from Lagos, Nigeria.
我是KEEXS的联名创始人兼首席执行官Jide Ipaye 。我来自尼日利亚的拉各斯 。
Growing up, trying to find shoes my size was extremely frustrating.
长大后,买我这么大的鞋子是一件非常令人沮丧的事情 。
The nice shoes come in regular sizes;the ugly ones come in the big sizes.
好看的鞋都只有普通的尺码,丑的鞋子都是尺码很大的 。
So I decided that I wanted to do something about it.
我便决定要改变这一现状 。
I learned how to make my own shoes, designed them, created them and the rest is history.
我就学着创建了我自己的鞋履品牌,设计啊,生产啊,剩下的大家都知道了 。
KEEXS is a Nigerian company created by a Nigerian for Nigerians, and you begin to see a lot of that in the way we design our products.
KEEXS是一家由尼日利亚人为尼日利亚人打造的尼日利亚品牌,这一点也反复体现在了我们的设计上 。
So, for example, we use a lot of vegan leather. This is very easy to clean.
比如,我们会经常用到人造革 。因为人造革很容易清理 。
You have a lot of dusty roads here,
我们这里的马路尘土很大,
and people need to be able to know that they can keep their shoes looking good even after a couple of wears.
人们得知道,穿过几次之后,他们照样能保持鞋子的美观 。
We're also Afrocentric, so we tend to infuse elements of Africa in our designs.
我们也是非洲中心主义者,会经常在我们的设计中加入一些非洲元素 。
Nigeria is home. Everything started from here in terms of the inspiration.
尼日利亚就是我们的家 。我们的灵感都来源于这个家 。
And, therefore, it's extremely gratifying to see how much support we're getting locally.
所以,看到当地人给了我们那么大的支持,就会让人觉得超级满足 。
We think we want to be an example to other entrepreneurs-also in Nigeria and Africa-
我们也希望我们能成为其他创业者——同在尼日利亚和非洲的其他创业者——的表率,
that you can have a dream and you can start small and begin to grow that dream.
让他们知道,他们可以有自己的梦想,可以从细枝末节入手去实现他们的梦想 。
Innovation is creating new frontiers, we tend to inspire people through our products.
创新正在开拓新的疆土,我们往往会通过我们的产品去鼓舞他人 。
So we also believe in empowering people and making people happy.
我们也相信,我们能够让大家变得更强大,给大家带来幸福 。