(单词翻译:单击)
A horse knows what they're supposed to do by what your legs are asking.
马懂你双腿的诉求,它们知道它们应该怎么做 。
The way you sit in that saddle, the way your legs move, the way your calves tighten, the way your feet bump a horse,
你坐在马鞍上的姿势,双腿活动的方式,小腿绷紧的方式,双脚打马的方式,
all of those things are communication.
所有这些都是交流 。
I guess you could see I'm at a disadvantage.
我想,你能看出来我有残疾 。
I can only use my hands and my voice to communicate with my horse,
我只能用手和声音跟我的马交流,
because I can't move my legs.
因为我的腿动不了 。
My name is Amberley Snyder, and I'm a professional barrel racer.
我叫安伯丽·斯奈德,是一名绕桶赛的职业选手 。
Barrel racing is a speed event in the world of rodeo.
绕桶赛是竞技比赛中的速度项目 。
There are three barrels set up in the arena,
赛场上有三个桶,
and you do a cloverleaf pattern around those barrels and it's all timed,
选手以三叶草的形状绕着这些桶骑马,所有动作都是要计时的,
so the fastest time wins.
所以用时最快的将赢得比赛 。
Barrel racing isn't just what I do;
绕桶赛不单单是我的职业;
my horses and competing in rodeo, it's a part of who I am.
我的马以及参加竞技比赛是我生命的一部分 。
I started riding at three and competing in barrel racing at the age of seven.
我三岁开始骑马,7岁开始参加绕桶赛 。
Just have loved it ever since then,
从那时起我就爱上了这项比赛,
I mean I've done it all through junior rodeo days, up into high school, college rodeo, and now into the professional level.
我是说,我从初中赛,高中赛,大学赛一直走到了现在的职业赛阶段 。
Only days before I was going to buy my pro rodeo permit,
不久前,我去买职业马术资格证,
I was in a rollover car accident where I was ejected and broke my back,
路上翻车了,我被撞了出去,伤到了我的背,
which paralyzed me from the waist down.
导致我腰部以下瘫痪了 。
Doctors told me slim to no chance that I would be able to walk again.
医生告诉我,我没有可能重新走路了 。
It was going to be impossible to ride.
骑马也不可能了 。
That wasn't an option for me, riding was what I was going to do, I didn't care what had to happen.
我不会做那样的选择,我要骑马,我不在乎别的 。
After I started doing therapy, sensation started coming back in my legs.
我开始做一些治疗,我的腿部也开始恢复知觉了 。
When I got back on my horses, that only got better.
我再次骑上马时,感觉更好了 。
The very first time I got back on my horse, I realized that it wasn't going to be the same.
那是我第一次重新回到我的马背上,我意识到今时不同往日了 。
The biggest change is balance.
最大的变化的平衡 。
I went through modifications, seatbelt on my saddle, Velcro straps around my legs, all these pieces that made it so that I could ride.
我做了一些调整,在马鞍上装了安全带,用尼龙搭扣把腿绑上,所有这些都是为了我能够重新开始骑马 。
The horse I have now, his name is Legacy, aka Legs.
我现在的这匹马叫传奇,也叫“腿腿” 。
I named him that because that's what he becomes every time I get to leave my wheelchair in my trailer.
我这样叫他因为每次我把轮椅放在拖车上之后它就成了我的双腿 。
I now have to use my hands and my voice where my legs were now a piece I couldn't use.
现在,我只能用我的双手和我的声音了,我的腿已经只是个摆设了 。
He's the one that has made all of those impossible things possible.
它让所有的不可能都成了可能 。
I mean he is the one that has brought me back into that arena to be not just a participant but a competitor.
我的意思是,它让我重回赛场,不单单是一个参赛者,更重要的是一个竞争对手 。
To make the national finals rodeo and be a world champion barrel racer is my biggest goal.
对我而言,冲进全国绕桶赛的决赛,成为绕桶赛的世界冠军是我最大的梦想 。
I've won over 70 buckles before my accident,
出事之前我拿了70多个巴扣,
but this buckle, this is my first buckle I won since my accident.
但是这个巴扣,它是我出事以后赢的第一个巴扣 。
Took me six years to get to win this one.
我花了6年时间才拿到它 。
There's been points where I wanted to quit,
这中间我有想放弃的时候,
there's been points where it's been too hard.
也有觉得坚持不下去的时候 。
It doesn't matter what the odds are, it doesn't matter what people say,
但是,成功的几率不重要,别人说什么也不重要,
you're the only one that gets to decide what you're capable of.
你才是那个能够决定你能做什么的人 。