(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
American English has many idioms that come from sports.
美式英语有很多成语都来自体育运动 。
This one comes from tennis:
今天这个来自网球运动:
The Ball Is in Your Court
决定权在你那
Jonathan! How did your date with my friend Caroline go?
乔纳森!你跟我朋友卡洛琳的约会怎么样啊?
It went great! But when I texted her, she didn't respond. So I guess it's over.
非常好!可是我给她发信息的时候,她没有回我 。所以我想已经结束了 。
No! You can't give up like that! Text her again!
不!你不能就这样放弃!再给她发信息!
The ball is in her court.
该是她做决定的时候了 。
In tennis, you can only hit the ball when it is on your side of the court.
在网球运动中,只有球在你那边的场地时,你才可以打球 。
When the ball is in your court, you can take action.
决定权在你那儿的时候,你可以采取行动 。
In our example, Jonathan says the ball is in Caroline's court.
在我们的例子中,乔纳森说该是卡洛琳做决定的时候了 。
He took action. Now it's her turn.
他采取了行动 。现在轮到她了 。
And taht's English in a Minute!
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目!