(单词翻译:单击)
Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
This is a shoulder.
这是肩膀
COLD SHOULDER
冷遇
So if I get a cold shoulder, should I just wear warmer clothing?
那么如果我肩膀冷 是不是就该多穿件衣服呢?
Hey! I got your email about the party. Thanks for inviting me.
嘿 我收到你的派对邮件了 谢谢你邀请我
But why didn't you invite Megan?
你怎么没有邀请梅根呢?
She is a trouble-maker. I get a bad feeling every time I'm around her.
她是个闯祸精 每次在她身边的时候我都有不好的感觉
So you'er giving her the cold shoulder.
所以你是故意疏远她了
Yeah, that is the best way to deal with people like that.
对 对这种人这是最好的方法
This expression is not about temperature. "Cold" also means distant or unfriendly.
这个表达与温度无关 “冷”是指距离或不友好
So when you give someone the cold shoulder, you ignore them.
所以如果你疏远别人 就说明你忽视了他们
This phrase may come from the fact that when you ignore someone, you turn your body, shoulders included, away from them.
这个表达可能源于 当你忽视别人的时候 你会把身体别过去 包括肩膀在内 远离他们
And that’s English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目 。